Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
For future ref
How did the FMS radios work?
I know i tried to text and phone a couple of times, but was always out of signal range?
Elaine & I used ours the whole time, someone else had one but we never heard from him. I know sometimes the channels are on slightly different freqs, channel 3 on my Cobras is not the same channel 3 on my Audiovox. A few of us had our FRS's at the dragon and they worked well on line of sight, if there was a mountain in between, not so good.

FRS= Family Radio Service AKA walkie talkie

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
After Action Report

Greetings all

Thanks for coming out on our 4th annual Skyline Run.

Final tally was

20 people, 14 smarts, 2 dragons, one dog (Hi, Java) and one smartkin (thanks Art)

We had a wonderful time cruising thru the mountains. Saw many deer. at least one bear (see pics).

Log Cabin BBQ in Elkton, VA is a "not to be missed" location for anyone driving thru the area. I plan on making it the end point for all my future Skyline cruises.

While I was playing with the group, Tyson's smart center relocated. they are now a whopping 90 feet south of our original location. IN the Mercedes Benz building on Rt 7.

Hope to see most of you at the Dec Festival of Lights cruise?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Awww, Elaine & I each had 2 dragons on our dashboards, I also had my microsmart on the dash. (red matchbox-sized smart)

81 - 86 of 86 Posts