Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Our 2011 Lightshine Edition Passion has been a great car since we purchased it new in April 2011, but our needs have changed so we need something a bit bigger. Yes, we'll miss the great fuel mileage and all the looks we get while driving it!

You could purchase a brand new model in the same color, similarly equipped, but it would set you back a whopping $18,789 (see attached PDF file).

Ours has approximately 6 months remaining on the 2-year factory warranty, and can be yours for only $14,495.
Price dropped to $14,250! (for some reason I can't edit the original post...Admin?) [only Mods/Admins can edit posts older than a month]
... Price is now $13,000 OBO. Somebody make me an offer!

LINK TO ADDITIONAL PICTURES, INCLUDING THE INTERIOR

Contact me via PM here on the forum if you're interested or have any questions. The car is located in Vancouver Washington.

Details:

Special "Police Interceptor" model (ok, just kidding..but it is pretty funny)
2011 Smart fortwo Lightshine Edition (only 300 brought to the U.S.)
One owner, non-smoker
Light blue metallic with silver tridion cell
Only 7,600 local miles
Highline Touch-panel Stereo/Navigation/DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/SD-card/MP3
15" BRABUS monoblock VII alloy wheels
LED daylight running lamps
Design black fabric interior
Exterior mirror trim in silver tridion color
Lightshine logo floormats
Lightshine logo emblems below side-view mirrors
Tachometer and Clock on top of dash panel
Air conditioning
Cruise control (so no paddle shifters)

+ All Standard factory-installed items:

Electronic stability program (ESP) with hill-start assist
Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution
Full-size Driver and passenger airbags
2 Side airbags
2 Window-curtain airbags
2 Knee-bolster airbags
Central power door/rear window locking system with remote keyless entry
Panoramic sunroof with shade
Air Conditioning
Drink Holders
Intermittent Wipers
Rear Window Defroster
Rear Window Wiper
Outside Thermometer
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Vanity Mirror/Light
Power Windows with one-touch lowering feature
Power and heated side mirrors

+ Other owner-installed accessories:

Professionally installed tinted windows
Luggage compartment cover (keep your stuff hidden)
Wastebasket (why isn't this standard??)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, and I've added a listing of the standard features and a link to more pictures, including a bunch of interior shots. This Smart is in PERFECT, LIKE-NEW CONDITION.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Panoramic sunroof with shade"

Hmm.....no mention of the crazing.....
No evidence of it at all. As I work from home, the car has spent most of its time sitting in the garage.

But, as we do live here in the PacNorWet area, you got me thinking, so I just did a roof moss inspection, and found none of that either! :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arggg, somebody please buy my Smart so I can stop bumping this thread!

Price dropped to $14,250! (for some reason I can't edit the original post...Admin?)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Nice little car. Too bad no heated seats.

Seems like your asking dealer retail for her. Private party is about $13K

Good Luck, Hope you get her sold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's hard to find price info on used Lightshine editions since so few change hands. It is in brand-new condition, has low miles, and has been garaged and not driven since I detailed it last October (when we purchased a different vehicle). But I'm open to reasonable offers!

Here's more pics:

Rear luggage compartment with cover to secure your valuables

Lightshine Edition floor-mats, clock and tachometer

Highline Stereo System is Bluetooth-ready for your iPhone or other smartphone, plays CD's, DVD's, MP3's, iPod and a fully-featured GPS Navigation system

Plays MP3's off an SD-memory card! Has both an audio-input jack, and USB input in the glovebox so your music-player can be hidden away!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We still have this for sale. Hasn't been driven since we purchased a different car for my wife last October. It's always been (and still is) garaged, and in perfect, as-new condition. Price is now $13,995 OBO. Somebody make me an offer!

Picture slideshow here!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's your point Brabus007? If you have something constructive to say then say it. You think I'd sell a car without knowing its value??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks to me like your priced right and you did post as OBO. I'm happy with mine and hope you find a happy home for yours as well. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
~What's it worth to someone else~
There is only one REAL value, and that is BANK loan value in the BOOK they use. Its top dollar they will loan on a car, so if they take it back, they can get there money out of it. If a buyer wants to pay more than Their BOOK, they will require more down payment with YOUR money if you want it so bad, or jack up the interest rate, so they get Their money out of it sooner. Remember your paying mostly interest on the front end of a loan with a Bank. If one can buy a car for Bank Loan Value, you are getting into a car for the Real Street Value, not some over irrational Market Price.

If a car is Priced Right, and Marketed Right it will sell in two weeks, or be sold to CarMax at their set Auction Value.

Cars drop in price 3 to 5 in value just driving it out of the Show Room... WHY... Because You Paid To Much... SAD, but that's the penalty we must pay to drive a NEW Car. Its about how bad we want it, and are willing to pay for it.

It's a Buyers Market for Smart Cars... WHY... Just look at Unit Sales to know Why. One must Market at Buyer Prices, and not at Seller Prices. Sad But True...<:-((

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
Brabus007, you neglected to add the 'standard options' on the lightshine package such as premium rims, Highline radio, DRL's, etc which takes the price above what they are asking , plus KBB is also determined by the location of the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our Smart is still for sale! Price is now only $13,000!

Moderator, could you edit my original post to reflect my new price? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still available, and I'm open to reasonable offers.

PS. Reasonable is not half my asking price. You won't find a nicer used Smart anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
sadly, used smarts are selling for low prices. There is a 2013 (yes, only 6 months old) with under 2K miles and it is listed at $12,000.
Wish you were closer and I had the cash... Love the looks of those Lightshines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.