Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm very excited to be joining the smart world soon. Another question for you all:

The radio in the smart... specifically the 2011 (though year might not matter).... do all the radios have the glove-box usb port, even the radios that don't have cd player?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The 2008 had an aux audio connector in the glove box. I don't know when they started putting the USB in though. I know the el-cheepo radio that comes with the 2013 had both audio and USB in the glove box. Hopefully someone will know when that started. If not, maybe a quick call to a dealer would be informative?

·
17,343 Posts
All radio headunits (Radio 9 & Radio 10) from Model Years 2008-2010 had just a 3.5 AUX jack.

All radio headunits (Entryline & Highline) from Model Years 2011 and on have a 3.5 AUX jack and a USB 2.0 input.

Note: The USB input only reads NTFS and FAT formatted media. So no iPhones, iPod Touches, or iPod Classics (applies to any Classic 3G or older).

Double Note: Due to the slow processor found in the Entryline headunit, make sure any USB media is formatted to FAT. NTFS will read painfully slow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys very much for the info. Very helpful, and you are all so kind on this board.

The 2011 I am going to look at tomorrow came with the AM/FM Radio (no CD). So, thanks to your info, I'm expecting to find a USB port in the glove box :)

Thanks again,

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts