Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smart Okole
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 2012 Cabrio. The top will slide back, but when I engage the button twice to roll it all the way back, it stops and rolls forward to the open position. I have checked to see if there are any obstructions in the arms and can not find anything. Any thoughts?

·
Smart Okole
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK so I messed with it a little more, after giving it a push on the center, it went down. With that said, is there a lubrication point and what lubrication should I use?

OK now it won't go down again.....frustrated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lube the entire track with some white lithium grease, if you can get it to go up and down a few times then perhaps it will work again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might also be one of the micro-switches that are on the door beams. They can mess up and will not let the top operate. It is a safety thing so that you can't close the top if the beams are not back in, but if the switches do not read closed then it will also not let it open. The computer will actually give a readable code for a bad micro-switch if you have a dealer or your own reader. If it is just a lube thing you will probably notice the motor coming on (or a electric drain, do it at night with your headlights on to see). Lastly if it totally never works, then check the fuse (I don't remember what one it is) or even the open/close switch. Try the key remote to open the top to test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts