Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
These are factory power and speaker.
Were your last two posts and this one declarative or is there a interrogatory in there somewhere?

Did you look at the wiring pin-out in the third post? That tells you how the car is wired. The extra BRN/BLK wire in the car harness on pin 1 is a ground input when in Park to allow DVD or navigation input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What did you do with the two extra plugs? One, has a blue plug and was installed in the outboard side of the C plug. And, the other is a small orange pin plugged into the bottom, middle of the Mobis unit.

Does anyone know if they must be used? Thanks.
Same question. Just got in the Metra 99-8720B kit for my 2012 SMart car that had the basic radio. What about that blue plug and the orange pin? What are they?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this post has been super useful for me.
I have a 2012 Smart fortwo (plain one) and it was a CAR2GO unit.
This means that they took out their unit in the middle so that the radio is missing.

I just bought a BOSS BV9349B radio that does everything that I need it to do.

I bought the dash kit MFR # 95-7521B from Crutchfiled and the antenna adapter

The hardest part was to position the radio on the kit so that it fits right.
The kit opening is a sliver too small but it still sits right.

For the harness, I just plugged the car wiring straight into the radio and it works great.
There were no wires to switch around, just plug it in. (that is for the power and speakers plug)

·
Registered
5 Posts
This wiring also worked for my 2015 smart pure. After removing pins and relocating them using this post I was able to make my radio work. Follow the wiring instructions above as Metra kit wont work out of the package

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hey great thread, I recently bought a aftermarket head and found out today even though the factory wires plug right into the stereo it does not work, guess I will check the plugs and maybe move a wire around like you all had to. Any how my car is a 2008 and there is another plug above the two main plugs It is yellow with three wires going to it, what does it do anyone know? I also need a face plate to accommodate the double din stereo. does anyone know where I can get a face plated for a 7 inch screen? Thanks in advance

21 - 28 of 28 Posts