Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Extremely nice. Just a heads up, the aluminum rims are super cheap if you wanted to trade out your steel rims. I did that to mine and like the look and don’t have to worry about someone stealing the hubcaps on the smart that go for about $75 ea if I had to replace them, but you could always take them off when you tow the car. I also bought the 15mm locking lugs that Mercedes sells for about $60. if you ever do decide to switch out the rims just be sure that you put the same TPMS sensors in that are already programmed for your car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you get cheap aluminum rims? All the ones I seen were expensive.

Roger

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Where did you get cheap aluminum rims? All the ones I seen were expensive.

Roger
You can buy salvage smart car alloy wheels really cheap. The Tire Rack use to sell after market ones too. Smartmadness, has use take offs for sale too. I’ve bought some replacements from them, in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seriously nice!!!! the one thing I did was keep all four shipping boxes that the mag rims came in, like you did, and when I got my steel rims back from discount tire I sprayed them with de greaser and scrubbed them and put them in the box all cleaned up to store with the hubcaps. I didn’t want discount tire just tossing them when the steel rim is now worth $50 Ea and the hubcaps $75 each. I figure I might sell them when smart parts go up or if I buy another smart to fix up I will already have a good set of rims I can switch out two of the rims on the new car and have all four wheels the same size. Wow, wouldn’t that be nice to have front and back tires all the same size

1 - 8 of 8 Posts