Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used 2012 Pure and I have some general questions regarding the Audio System.

First, inside the glove compartment there is only an Aux port, no USB, yet USB appears on the Media System. I plan to upgrade the Radio but I would still like to play through the Aux for now.

Secondly, no Audio from the Aux seems to be picked up. Using Spotify on an Android phone to play music. Is the system not configured/capable of detecting the audio?

Any configuration necessary that I am missing?

·
Registered
834 Posts
First of all, Pures didn't come with a radio unless specified by original owner. The rest (wiring, speakers, aux port) came with the car. One can put in a radio, aftermarket or OEM, anytime; basically, plug and play. SO, if you don't have a radio, you'll need one before you can hear tunes from your phone. If you do have a radio in the console, then the AUX wire might have been disconnected / broken by the previous owners (ZIPcar orphans come to mind).

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
When you say media system what exactly do you mean? A photo would help. Any 451 newer than 2010 should have both Aux and USB... :)

"Audio system basic*
The audio system basic contains the
following functions:
Radio (FM/AM)
Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) and
radio text
AUX and USB socket (Y page 99)"

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
That is really strange, but you might be able to pick up a 451 USB cable and connect it to back of the radio. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything that can help utilize the Aux? I will replace the radio itself with an upgrade.

Its so strange, got the car from Carvana.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Take the radio out and check the radio cable cluster in the back of it for any disconnection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts