Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Planning is now underway for the 2012 Smart Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona to be held near Daytona Beach, Florida on March 1,2,3 and 4 of 2012.

We have secured a world class venue that includes in a single location a Hotel and condo's, 3 restaurants, a Bar, A huge covered pavilion for gatherings out of any poor weather, almost unlimited parking, RV parking and dry camping on site, a fuel station immediately adjacent and easy access to I-95.

In addition is a covered registration area, the potential for cash bars for any group events, the world's largest Harley Davidson dealer and easy drives to St. Augustine, The Beaches, The Space Center, the Daytona Speedway and even Orlando and the Theme Parks.

We have secured unbelievable rates for the hotels and condo's during the high demand spring season and are now making plans to include a beautiful group drive through a State Park and down the beaches, optional trips to all of the sightseeing venues, A group BBQ dinner, dancing to your favorite tunes in the pavilion and a number of other group activities still in the works.

Much is uncertain in the world of smart with dealerships closing and very little communication from smart USA or from MB but we know we like to get together with these great little cars and we believe we have a great location at a great time of year.

What could be better than Spring Break in Daytona! Watch this space for further details and registration and hotel info coming soon and in the meantime block out Mar 1-4 2012 and plan on meeting us at the Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
How do you book a room without knowing where it is located???

Sounds like a good reason to go SOUTH for a bit and get away from all the snow and cold...Let me know when to start whining about how it should be closer to Minnesota.. and how far it is to drive....Whine Whine Whine.. (just practicing)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you book a room without knowing where it is located???

Sounds like a good reason to go SOUTH for a bit and get away from all the snow and cold...Let me know when to start whining about how it should be closer to Minnesota.. and how far it is to drive....Whine Whine Whine.. (just practicing)
I will provide more detail including specific location, room rates and phone numbers for reservations in the next few days. Stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
...you guys down south sure know how to make it rough for the rest of us...

jetfuel...keep us posted....sounds good...

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'll block it off - Is this at that Bruce Rossmeyer complex? Been there on my sporty - it's pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
...you guys down south sure know how to make it rough for the rest of us...

jetfuel...keep us posted....sounds good...

Jet, you are the biggest southerner of us all, though you have chosen to go into hiding in the great white north! But yeah, we know how to party down in Dixie!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some preliminary Details:
2012 Smart Spring Nationals
Preliminary Schedule of Events
Thursday March 1, 2012
3:00 PM: Hotel Check-In available
4:00 PM-10:00 PM: Event Registration Opens in the Budweiser Garage
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Dinner on your own-Recommend Houligan’s
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Casual Meet and Greet in the Coca Cola Pavilion- BYOB

Friday March 2, 2012
8:00 AM-10:00 AM: Registration Open in the Budweiser Garage
10:30 AM: Stage Cars for The Loop Drive
11:00 AM-1:00 PM: Group Drive on The Loop
3:00 PM: Stage Cars in Main Lot for Group Picture #1
5:00 PM-6:00 PM: Cash Bar Cocktail Hour and Social in the Coke Pavilion with RC Car racing for those interested.
8:00 PM-10:00 PM: Special Surprise Event in the Coca Cola pavilion

Saturday March 3, 2012
6:00 AM-9:00 AM: Optional Sunrise Drive on New Smyrna Beach with On your own Breakfast afterward in New Smyrna.
9:00 AM-3:00 PM: On your own to visit attractions or hang out at the famous beaches.
3:00 PM: Stage Cars for Group Picture #2 (Maybe at a surprise venue yet to be determined.)
5:00 PM-6:00 PM: Cash Bar Cocktail Hour and Social in the Coke Pavilion
6:00 PM-7:30 PM: Group BBQ Dinner in the Pavilion
7:30 PM-11:00 PM: Dancing and Party to all kinds of music from the 60s to current hits including your requests by a DJ.

Sunday March 4, 2012
9:00 AM-10:30: Optional group farewell breakfast or brunch at a location yet to be determined.
10:30 AM: Depart for home
(Schedule is subject to change as planning takes place)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Details:
Early Registration
We are working to get a website up which will contain all of the information regarding the event and will include a registration page. Until the website is up and active if you wish to register early you can submit a check or money order along with the required registration information to me. You will receive a receipt and registration confirmation by your choice of e-mail or US Mail. PM me for a mailing address if you would like to register early.

The registration fees for the Smart Spring Nationals are $50.00 US for the Car and Driver and $20.00 for passengers and additional guests. The Driver’s fee includes the Saturday evening BBQ and the Dancing and Party and 1 event T-shirt as well as offsetting some of the costs of the event. The Passenger Fee covers the Dinner and Dance.

Paid reservations postmarked prior to August 31, 2011 will be reduced to $40.00 for the Driver and $15.00 for passengers or additional guests.

Registrations must include the following information:

Name: First and Last
Passenger Name: First & Last
Nicknames: For Nametags
Full Mailing Address
E-Mail Address
T-Shirt Size
# of Days attending
Phone #
Emergency Contact name and Phone Number

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Location:​
The 2012 Smart Spring Nationals-Destination Daytona will be held at Bruse Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach, Florida. This is not only the home of the world's largest Harley Davidson Dealership but the property also includes a Hotel, 1,2 &3 bedroom condo's, 3 restaurants, a Pub, shops, almost unlimited parking, a gas station and a great covered pavilion in case of inclement weather all on one site and just off of I-95 10 miles north of Daytona Beach.

Check it out at Bruce Rossmeyer Destination Daytona! Your Destination for Bikeweek, Biketoberfest Events, Great Food and Live Entertainment

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Room Reservations:
Destination Daytona Rooms and Rates:​

50 Hotel Rooms are available at a special “Smart Car Rate” of $69.00 per night, a discount from the normal rate of $89.00.

35 Condo Units available in 1, 2, 3 and 4 Bedroom setups. Full Kitchen and Living Room.
I Bedroom Condo $99.00 per night.
2 Bedroom Condo $149.00 per night
3 Bedroom Condo $199.00 per night
4 Bedroom Condo $249.00 per night

Couples booking condo’s together can get nightly pricing as low as $62.50 per night per couple in a 4 bedroom Condo.

We cannot hold a block of rooms due to March being the high season in Daytona and because of the excellent rates we negotiated. If you plan on attending we encourage you to make your hotel or condo reservation as soon as possible. We do expect to sell out the facility for the Spring Nationals well in advance of the event and likely before the 2010 Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Destination Daytona Inn & Suites
1635 N. Hwy 1
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
1-368-944-1500 or 1-877-498-1500
David Starnes-General Manager
Ormond Beach Hotels ? Destination Daytona Inn & Suites Hotel in Florida

Ask for the special "Smart Car Rally Pricing"

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We don't care how you get here but we hope you will join us next March for the 2012 Smart Car Nationals-Destination Daytona

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have received our first paid registration for the Smart Spring Nationals next March in Daytona Beach, FL. Have also confirmed our first vendor which is SmartieParts who will be here ti do cruise control installs.

Now that the successful Dells rally is in the books it is time to finalize plans for OTD III and block out time and make plans for the Spring Nationals next March.

Our website should be up shortly along with more details!!!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Smart Spring Nationals Website is now up and running at the link below and registrations are being taken. Remember, this is Daytona during Spring Break and rooms will likely sell out early. Register today and make your hotel reservations today as well.

Details at:

Smart Car Nationals - Destination Daytona, FL

kwagar

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks like fun. Only 2,489 miles away - one way. First need to find out if I can get the time off - I need about two weeks off.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.