Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MY 2012 Warranty 4 Year or 50,000 Miles

GREAT NEWS ! !

Just found out, in case no one posted, Mercedes has now extended the Warranty on 2012 Smart Cars to 4 Years or 50,000 miles.

But not retroactive

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
GREAT NEWS ! !

Just found out, in case no one posted, Mercedes has now extended the Warranty on 2012 Smart Cars to 4 Years or 50,000 miles.

But not retroactive
SO...... will my 2013 be 10/100 :p

Seriously, that IS great news !!! It should help sell the brand :D

·
5,297 Posts
Website has not been updated (yet)
smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo

The smart fortwo warranty provides coverage for two years or 24,000 miles. Daimler Vehicle Innovations USA also offers a host of additional extended service plans to give you added peace of mind as you hit the open road. For additional warranty information, as well as details on our roadside service, contact us today at 1.800.smart.USA (1-800-762-7887).

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
a real warranty? best news ever -- I hope they can afford it!
~2010 Smart Warranty Canada~They can aford this for them~

New car warranty: 48 months or 80,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Adjustment period: 12 months or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Emission warranty: 24 months or 40,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Certain emission parts: 96 months or 130,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Surface corrosion: 48 months or 80,000 kilometres

·
Registered
663 Posts
You may also find that Mercedes is a little better for good will warranty coverage after the 4 years. Our Pulse CDI was out of warranty for over a year and a half and they covered replacing all AC hoses on our car. We didn't even have to ask. They also covered some minor stuff on our Grandstyle CDI. For no other reason than the service we have received from Mercedes we will never consider buying anything but a Mercedes product again.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
How about 08, 09 ,10. :D

I still can hardly believe this. I can see them bumping the warranty up a year, as part of a sales push, but IMO they will take a huge hit on this one.

Perhaps it's a way to damp down bad mouth on their product before they come out with the real car in 2013. A2Jack

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
How about 08, 09 ,10. :D

I still can hardly believe this. I can see them bumping the warranty up a year, as part of a sales push, but IMO they will take a huge hit on this one.

Perhaps it's a way to damp down bad mouth on their product before they come out with the real car in 2013. A2Jack
OR ..... hopefully better materials going into the newer models :rolleyes:

643 Posts
Very good news for the 2012 buyers, not so much for the rest of us with the Penske warranty...
The 2 yr/24k warranty is the original MB warranty that was set by MB and not Penske. Penske pushed for a longer warranty, and so did MBSUA. The decision was made in Germany, after years of lobbying by Penske and now MBUSA to get the warranty increased for specifically the US market.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
The 2 yr/24k warranty is the original MB warranty that was set by MB and not Penske. Penske pushed for a longer warranty, and so did MBSUA. The decision was made in Germany, after years of lobbying by Penske and now MBUSA to get the warranty increased for specifically the US market.
Well that is different than we were always told as owners.

We were always told that the warranty was kept low to keep the cost of the vehicle down. A longer warranty would raise the cost of the vehicle and that is why smartusa (penske) offered an extended warranty to those that wanted to pay more for better piece of mind.

It also justified the cost difference between the US smarts and the higher priced - longer warranty Canadian smarts

1 - 20 of 42 Posts