Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this a couple weeks ago. Turns out via CarFax that it has quite a history....9 owners, 2 accidents- one front + one rear....front one totaled car in Minnesota...but didn't reset title...
anyway....I believe I need to install the front airbag sensor wiring.....however, I spent two days searching for this specifically with zero results other than Mercedes Nashville telling me I might need to replace whole wiring harness....which is unavailable nationwide... somehow I don't trust his expertise. Please, can any of you please point me the correct way here? I believe there is a separate wiring harness for these front airbag sensors. Am I wrong here? Where or how can I find out the part numbers needed? Thank You! I trust you guys WAY over a sketchy parts clerk. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok....new scan tool should be here on Monday. I will go from there. I found a place to order the needed front airbag sensor harness for both sides....apparently it connects somewhere into the main wiring harness....I will have to research that possibility. Car apparently was in TWO accidents, but in neither case did the airbags go off. Strange situation. I would like to at least have the front impact driver airbag connected at least. Spooked otherwise. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts