Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though I recently purchased my 2013 Brabus, I've been bitten by the Fiat Abarth bug so I'm thinking about selling it, here is the info.

2013 Smart Brabus
Color: Silver
Loaded with all options except cruise (Sub-woofer, navigation, Bluetooth, moonroof coupe)
46,500 miles
Two brand new tires on front, (put on within last 6 weeks) rear tires have approx 4000 miles on them
New Plugs (I changed)
New Air Filter (I changed)
New Cabin Filter (I changed)
Tranny gear oil changed about 1,000 miles ago
New radiator fluid changed about 1,000 miles ago
All owners manuals
The front Smart Car Emblem has been removed and I have a Mercedes Benz emblem I replaced it with, but I have the Smart emblem. Also, the rear nerf bar has been replaced with the black spikes, but I'll include the nerf bar and a few other goodies.

The interior is a 9 out of 10 as there is a very small nick in dashboard material.
The exterior had a few nicks and scratches, but nothing bad. One of the rear rims has a bit of curb rash, but I was able to fix it so it looks much better.

I have all receipts for the new front tires, gear oil, and tranny gear change.

I'm open to offers that are realistic, NOT the $2,500 to $3,000 the dealer offered me on a Fiat Abarth.

I can tell you, you won't be disappointed in this Brabus. I have a clear title and the CarFax shows no accidents nor issues. (I'll even throw in a very nice "Wicked Smart" black/ghost grey t-Shirt)

Mechanically, the car is very sound, no rust and it purrs along at 70 with no shakes or shimmies. Any questions, please ask. I live in NW Tennessee.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Check out Edmonds.com, Kelly book.com and Cars.com. For used cars prices in your area.
The prices listed are trade in, private sales, and dealer retail.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,858 Posts
True, I was looking for a realistic price. Would $6,800 be out of line?
Dunno the demand for smarts in NW TN but remember that Brabus is a niche of a niche and unless the buyer is ISO that "limited edition" it is just another Passion w/badging.

My SWAG - as you are not a dealer offering financing and such, asking anything North of $6,000 will be a stretch . . .

Example - a couple months ago while ISO of a MY09 Brabus I picked up a "garage queen" CABRIO with only 15,000 miles for $5,000 from a Private Party in Mississippi.

·
Super Moderator
17,545 Posts
We've been in a buyer's market for used smarts for a while with more cars than buyers to pick them up. I even know a semi-famous YouTuber who can't get rid of his excellent 450 for $3,000 even after five months.

Based on this, I have to ditto MB DNA's estimate. Any more than $6k and you'll be sitting on it for a very long time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think that a Brabus should be worth more than passion but it's up to you to explain the difference. They have different suspensions different size wheels different exhaust. different interiors. I'd like to think maybe 10% premium. Having said that I also think if you find a buyer for any Smart they will be in the driver seat on the price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the input. I find it interesting that in my area a new 4x4 ATV's are selling for $7,995 or more and my little Gizmo is worth a whole lot less.

·
Super Moderator
17,545 Posts
Used prices used to be pretty decent until Car2Go flooded the market with basically brand new cars (some with less than 500 miles) for under $10k.

This can also help you gauge a price for your area. :) Don't always trust the trim levels shown. Some VIN decoders can't tell the difference between a pure or passion and simply won't have a Brabus option.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2013-smart-fortwo-c23435

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Used prices used to be pretty decent until Car2Go flooded the market with basically brand new cars (some with less than 500 miles) for under $10k.

This can also help you gauge a price for your area. :) Don't always trust the trim levels shown. Some VIN decoders can't tell the difference between a pure or passion and simply won't have a Brabus option.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2013-smart-fortwo-c23435
Thanks for the link. Based upon what they have and what I'm asking, I'm in the ball part with my price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sooo, my Brabus is for sale for $6,800.00 Mod's if I have this in the wrong place can you please move it? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
When your car is sick. Bad case clogged fuel injectors. Can’t breathe. Do you turn it over. Rub miracle oil on its belly. Sing soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, song to it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.