Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good luck with your Fiat. smart is not perfect no no no but my 2014 Fiat GQ convertible was bad. Everything creaked, front windshield had to be replaced twice because they could not get it to seal, washer fluid hose broke a few times and she burnt about a quart of oil every 800 to 1000 miles. I did LOVE the auto climate control in that car. Wont hammer any more and do really hope yours is fantastic. I will own a smart again once the truck is paid off and I am starting to see the light at the end of that tunnel. Good luck with the sale of your smart and it should sell pretty fast. Seems like since Mercedes killed the 453 gas cars sales have really picked up on all the smart cars. Except the Electric hahahaha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good luck with your Fiat. smart is not perfect no no no but my 2014 Fiat GQ convertible was bad. Everything creaked, front windshield had to be replaced twice because they could not get it to seal, washer fluid hose broke a few times and she burnt about a quart of oil every 800 to 1000 miles. I did LOVE the auto climate control in that car. Wont hammer any more and do really hope yours is fantastic. I will own a smart again once the truck is paid off and I am starting to see the light at the end of that tunnel. Good luck with the sale of your smart and it should sell pretty fast. Seems like since Mercedes killed the 453 gas cars sales have really picked up on all the smart cars. Except the Electric hahahaha
Thanks. I'm on a Fiat forum too and I've been asking a slew of questions. It seems the first year of the Abarth, 2012, they had some issues, but the majority of the folks there haven't had too many major problems with the new ones. I was fine with the Smart I bought because of the prior ownership, but buying a used Abarth really concerns me as these cars were made to hot dog around in, so a pre-owned one may have been driven pretty hard. Sadly, just like the Smart, the Fiat's don't hold their value well, so if I buy a new one, I know I'm going to take a pounding, but since I plan on keeping the car long term I'm prepared for that.

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
Per the SMART CAR OF AMERICA MARKETPLACE RULES:

12. Please limit 'chit chat' in the classified forums to questions and responses about the item being sold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've been in a buyer's market for used smarts for a while with more cars than buyers to pick them up. I even know a semi-famous YouTuber who can't get rid of his excellent 450 for $3,000 even after five months " Can you shoot me a link? I might be interested in this YouTube 450!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.