Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went to buy a 2013 Cabrio (weather finally good enough...) and during the test drive I noticed "hyperflash" when using the turn signals. Turned out BOTH front turn signals, and side markers are out. All bulbs were checked, and all were good. Additionally, they had another smart and we swapped out all 4 bulbs that we knew were all good (having verified on the other smart) and still, no front worked... Both rear brake, and turn signals were working fine...just flashing fast.
I had to pass buying it because of this, and they said they would take it to a Mercedes dealer in Denver to have it looked at.

What could be the cause of BOTH sides being out?

·
17,474 Posts
Most likely a blown fuse. When I was on the Amana, Iowa Rally, my crappy eBay LED license plate lights shorted out and blew the fuse covering the rear right side of the car. Fuse swap and a new bulb later and all was fine.

Reactions: Falcon WIng

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely a blown fuse. When I was on the Amana, Iowa Rally, my crappy eBay LED license plate lights shorted out and blew the fuse covering the rear right side of the car. Fuse swap and a new bulb later and all was fine.
Thanks for the replies. I've read a number of threads on hyperflash, and it seems its usually ONE side or the other, but not BOTH L& R...:shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts