Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...new to the forum.
I have a 2013 fortwo with 41,000 miles. I travel A LOT. I bought it 1 year ago with 18,000 miles. I parked it 3 days ago...no issue aside from the rear blinker not working. I stopped tonight to buy bulbs and came home hoping to fix the blinker problem and was confronted by a car that wouldnt start. When I finally got it started, it sputtered and had a lot of smoke out the tail pipe. No dummy lights. Just a very hard start. Smoke was white and smelled a little different from exhaust...not sweet just different. Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Barry

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello all...new to the forum.
I have a 2013 fortwo with 41,000 miles. I travel A LOT. I bought it 1 year ago with 18,000 miles. I parked it 3 days ago...no issue aside from the rear blinker not working. I stopped tonight to buy bulbs and came home hoping to fix the blinker problem and was confronted by a car that wouldnt start. When I finally got it started, it sputtered and had a lot of smoke out the tail pipe. No dummy lights. Just a very hard start. Smoke was white and smelled a little different from exhaust...not sweet just different. Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Barry
Have you stopped at an auto parts,for a free read of any trouble codes?? Low octane or dirty fuel??...........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts