Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,219 Posts
Did you put 17" on the front?
I kind of doubt it. Those wheels are marked "Brabus" but they are not the ones in the Brabus package. Those 15" wheels are offered in some packages on the Passion coupe and cabby. If you look closely, you will see a bead on the edge of the rim that is not on the Brabus Mono Blok VII wheels.

·
Banned
682 Posts
I kind of doubt it. Those wheels are marked "Brabus" but they are not the ones in the Brabus package. Those 15" wheels are offered in some packages on the Passion coupe and cabby. If you look closely, you will see a bead on the edge of the rim that is not on the Brabus Mono Blok VII wheels.
Hey Z06...good eyes...I think you're correct...the Brabus Sport Package has 175/55-15 front tires...these are the Brabus wheels with 155/60-15 front tires that are optional on the Passion models...without the complete Babus Sport Package...still good looking wheels!

Here's a picture of his '13 Smart...very nice car!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all. Especially the monoblock info- that was always confusing to me, I guess 17" is the designation for monoblock brabus?

I was just fitting rears to the front, which stopped this little guy from feeling like I was driving the toy version. It completely fixed all frustration and exceeded expectations - solid straight tracking on highway and stuck like rails on the twisties. made the car feel 12" wider! but I digress.

I just want to get these out of the garage - are they over priced or just not popular enough?

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
They were a $550 option on the '13 model for all 4. But then you have to figure the cost of the original wheel and tire as well. They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them so negotiation is in your future. They are certainly an upgrade in looks from the 12 spokes and easier to clean.
Having just the fronts makes it hard for the new owner to get a set.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,219 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the fronts are 4.5 inches wide, the same as a stock wheel. Also to the Mono Blok name. Brabus used both Mono Blok VI and VII. The VI's were on the earlier EU Brabus 451. We only got the Mono Blok VII's. The US Brabus came with 15" front and 17" rear. The EU Brabus comes with 16" front and 17" rear.

·
Banned
682 Posts
They were a $550 option on the '13 model for all 4. But then you have to figure the cost of the original wheel and tire as well. They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them so negotiation is in your future. They are certainly an upgrade in looks from the 12 spokes and easier to clean.

Having just the fronts makes it hard for the new owner to get a set.
Agreed...very nice wheels...but finding 2 matching rear wheels/tires becomes the issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts