Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiii all,

Im excited to be part of the smart car group. I read alot of forums about the smart before purchasing. Now that I have had her for a month I figured its time to join so that if I have any questions I can just ask.

Alittle about me and my car:
This is my first car and so far I love her!! But I also know very little about owning a car...
She is a 2013 Ex rental car. Got her with just under 53 000 kms (just under 33 000 miles)
— Would love to know peoples thoughts on owning an ex rental car.
— Also i never asked the dealer how often the rental company did their maintenance. I know rental companies do maintenance regularly to a specific schedule. If anyone knew that maintenance schedule (how often to get things looked at) would be great because I want to keep that up. (There is no sticker on the door that says when the oil was last changed) So far my car has had no problems running (knock on wood)

Ps. I have yet to name my smart. Im waiting for the right name to come to me. Untill then i would love to know what you all have named your smarts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats. As for the name, all cars must have a girl name, as per nic cage in gone in 60 seconds
Hiii all,

Im excited to be part of the smart car group. I read alot of forums about the smart before purchasing. Now that I have had her for a month I figured its time to join so that if I have any questions I can just ask.

Alittle about me and my car:
This is my first car and so far I love her!! But I also know very little about owning a car...
She is a 2013 Ex rental car
— Would love to know peoples thoughts on owning an ex rental car.
— Also i never asked the dealer how often the rental company did their maintenance. I know rental companies do maintenance regularly to a specific schedule. If anyone knew that maintenance schedule (how often to get things looked at) would be great because I want to keep that up. (There is no sticker on the door that says when the oil was last changed) So far my car has had no problems running (knock on wood)

Ps. I have yet to name my smart. Im waiting for the right name to come to me. Untill then i would love to know what you all have named your smarts

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,988 Posts
I would love to know what you all have named your smarts

Friend of mine said I drive a car the size of a TicTac, so TicTac it is.... :laugh:
And now my new car as of Feb. is called TicTac 2

Welcome to SCoA and Thank You for putting your location in your profile,
something I wish everyone would do.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Welcome to smart ownership and the forum! What mileage on your car? If you have no record of service it would be best to change the engine oil, do a brake fluid flush and coolant change given that your car is now 5-6 model years old. Also change out passenger compartment air filter and engine air filter. If mileage is,low, spark plugs are probably ok for,now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to smart ownership and the forum! What mileage on your car? If you have no record of service it would be best to change the engine oil, do a brake fluid flush and coolant change given that your car is now 5-6 model years old. Also change out passenger compartment air filter and engine air filter. If mileage is,low, spark plugs are probably ok for,now.
I updated my post... but 53 000 kms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts