Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Long time lurker... My wife and I just relocated to Chicago from Los Angeles to be closer to my side of the family because we're about to have our first baby! For obvious reasons, I need to sell it.

It's a 2013 Sharp Red Edition with heated seats, surround sound, red stitching, factory navigation, and black Brabus rims. I'm asking $16,500. The car has 11,000 miles and is in GREAT shape. No accidents. Looks great!

The car is now in Chicago (in our garage). It's life has been spent in SoCal so far. PM me if you're at all interested.

Anyway, I hope someone has been looking for a Sharp Red. It's a gorgeous car. By far the coolest I've owned…but I have a new baby girl on the way! Time for a mini-van...kidding...never.

I can't post pictures yet because I don't have at least 3 posts...I guess I can PM them to you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jwight good call!

From the sticker:

2013 smart coupe
EB6 tridion safety cell red
ECA deep black body panels
IBF black nappa leather
S17 heated seats
v26 electric power steering
V31 dashboard gauges

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cont:

240 LED Daytime Running Lamps
P52 technology package
P76 sharpred edition

--

Now this is rare. Only 1,800 units worldwide with 120 in the USA. (100 coupes, 20 cabs).

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, aka The Asylum, where we are all a bit crazy about our smarts and some of us are just crazy.

Congratulations on the baby and condolences on having to sell your smart. I do understand why.
I love the sharp red but since we have two smarts ( and a minivan) I can not buy another one.

P.S.: I inherited the minivan from my Dad, it was great for hauling my former daycare kids. It's also great for hauling out two dogs. :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
NICE CAR! We have production #5 Cabriolet that we picked up in March 2013. Very interested but if I get something new it will be an F150 and I hope to be able to keep my smart at the same time :)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
That's a GREAT DEAL!!!

The leather seats in the car alone are more than eye candy... it's about the actual materials. This isn't standard grade or standard "comfort package" leather... this is six figure Mercedes-Benz AMG car leather.

If you don't believe me, sit inside a $150+k Mercedes-Benz AMG. Then feel the leather on the SharpRed and you'll know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's a GREAT DEAL!!!

The leather seats in the car alone are more than eye candy... it's about the actual materials. This isn't standard grade or standard "comfort package" leather... this is six figure Mercedes-Benz AMG car leather.

If you don't believe me, sit inside a $150+k Mercedes-Benz AMG. Then feel the leather on the SharpRed and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I have one of those cars and did not even know that! I still need to figure out what to do to keep the seats looking nice tho.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
It's a really nice car. Maybe 20 years from now it will be rare vehicle. It's still a smart car.
No matter what the trim level. Now if you had bought a Ford GT40. Maybe the sales guy in LA will buy the car from you. I would just keep it, and buy a mini van for the new baby. We did that with our new child, many moons ago. We kept the new CRX si, and bought a new Mazda Van.

Dealer retail, its only really worth $12,900
Private party ……………………………….. $11,700
Trade in………………………………………… $10,500

1 - 17 of 17 Posts