Smart Car of America Forum banner

2013 smart car fortwo pure not starting or turning over

Tags
2013 starter
4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Goggles Paesano 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 smart car fortwo pure I have acquired through family with around 92k miles. The car was sitting for around a year without anyone touching it, but it was running before then. Once we acquired it, anytime you would turn the key to start it, it would just make a click noise without anything else happening. The dash would turn on and most of the engine lights were on on the dash, but other than that the car would do nothing but make a click. We replaced the battery, got a refurbished starter, and got a new clutch alternator, which we thought were most likely to be the problems. Even with these parts installed, it still made the same click, nothing ever changed with each part we got. We bench tested the starter with a battery and it spun, we also made sure to crank the belts to see if they were stuck, but they moved. We also spun the flywheel to make sure it wasn't stuck either. We see the clutch alternator moving as well. It seems to me that somehow the starter is not getting what it needs to spin or something? After all this nothing has changed and every time you turn the key you get a simple click. My thoughts would be possible fuse issue? I am unsure as this is the first time I am every touching one of these. Any help would be apricated.

Discussion starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi, welcome to SCOA. Does the dash show P upon trying to start the car? If not P, what was on the dash? Three bars? Connect a scanner to the OBD2 slot and see what codes are stored. Let us know what you find out.
Hi, welcome to SCOA. Does the dash show P upon trying to start the car? If not P, what was on the dash? Three bars? Connect a scanner to the OBD2 slot and see what codes are stored. Let us know what you find out.
Sorry for late response this is a weekend project. We ran it through the scanner and got some generic codes which we cleared, but main codes that came up were P0805 and P0887. And by clutch alternator I meant the clutch actuator module thing we got off Amazon. Problems still persist let me know what you think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.