Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2013 Smart Fortwo for sale from a private seller. It looks nice. It's has a blue and black paint job with black rims and only has 20K miles. He states it's maintained. He's selling it for $6,500. Good deal or pass? Anything I should specifically check for?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought my 2013 passion coupe in March 2016 for $7,500 with 19,000 miles. Given it was fully loaded with lots of options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
I purchased my 2012 Passion (leather, heated seats, auto lights/wippers, design 5 rims...) 34K miles from a dealers pre-owned car lot for $6500 + associated fees.

Spend the $100 or so dollars and have it checked out by a mechanic.

Sent from Tapatalk on Android

·
Registered
12 Posts
It probably depends on where you are, but here in New York... I got my 2014 Passion for $5500 with 20k miles on it, in June, from a dealer who specializes in used Smart Cars. The best part is it is still under warranty, and that has been 100% worth it, we've already had more than $1000 in repairs that were completely covered by Mercedes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It probably depends on where you are, but here in New York... I got my 2014 Passion for $5500 with 20k miles on it, in June, from a dealer who specializes in used Smart Cars. The best part is it is still under warranty, and that has been 100% worth it, we've already had more than $1000 in repairs that were completely covered by Mercedes.
Smart Car City in SI?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. I got my 2013 Passion coupe in May of 2016 for $4900 with 56k. Only options it's lacking is leather, nav, and alarm. I feel like I got a steal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 2013 has a MB service bulletin...........

Some of the 2013s don't have a problem about weird shifting problems. But if you do,(as I did) the solution is unplug and
clean the connections at shifter,TCM,speed sensor,and clutch actuator. The TCM error code is P2802.Smart center in TN said
they couldn't find the problem.(was under warranty then) Out of warranty,a local import shop found and fixed the roblem
for $50.........................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep! That's where I got it from... They've got a pretty wide stock, and are surprisingly transparent about it all.

That’s great to hear. I was actually thinking about heading over there tomorrow just to take a look at a few and see if one of these cars is something I’d be interested in.
I found them initially on CarGurus.com, then I started following their instagram and see that they seem to get pretty regular deliveries.
Good to hear they are straight up. Their prices look great! And factory warranty too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts