Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car as pre-owned from a Nissan dealer with an extended warranty. My heater/AC stopped blowing when I turn on the fan switch from 1-5. They replaced a part they had to order from Mercedes and it worked for 2 weeks. Now its not working again and I am being told that my extended warranty doesnt cover the part 2 times and now I have to go drive to Plano Texas (which is a 3 hour drive) a Mercedes dealer and have them look at it. In the meantime I am freezing with no heat, any help here please!!

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

If it's a genuine Mercedes part it''s still under warranty but you are right - Mercedes will want to do the work. Cheapest replacement I can find is on Rock Auto.* If it is the blower you could swap it out and then return the failed blower to Mercedes for a refund. Have you tried wiggling the electrical connector around - sometimes that's the problem.

*https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...095,heat+&+air+conditioning,blower+motor,6916

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the fast reply, and I am glad to be apart of this community! I haven't actually gotten to the blower motor part, but i believe its under the dashboard, (which I am not sure if I wanna take that apart myself). Thank you for sharing this though. Is this a common issue? There is only 30k miles on this car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
thanks for the fast reply, and I am glad to be apart of this community! I haven't actually gotten to the blower motor part, but i believe its under the dashboard, (which I am not sure if I wanna take that apart myself). Thank you for sharing this though. Is this a common issue? There is only 30k miles on this car.
Welcome to the forum.
Sadly, yes it is a common issue, along with a few others.
Some owners insist that its faults is what gives the car its cute character.
I don't agree, but then I'm a realist.
Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
Assuming it is the blower motor they replaced, Pulling the blower assembly (motor and blade) assembly takes less than 5 minutes Disconnect the power plug, release the tab and rotate the assembly and it falls right out. Not a difficult job at all.
Sometimes lifting your foot straight up fro the accelerator pedal sharply will bump the motor and make it work. Assuming it does not work at any speed, if it works at slower speeds, you might have a different problem.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
My first motor, was replaced under warranty. It squealed like a pig. The 2nd one I did myself. It had just quit on me. DOA. In -10 degree weather. Was scraping the Frost, off the inside windshield. Fun replacing it, in a cold garage with a space heater. Pretty easy DYI job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts