Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i recently took my acuator off to clean it up and grease it, in the process i broke the plug for the wiring harness, got that fixed (i think) put it back together and i dont have R or D, i went thru the gears while the car was on auxiliary and had all the gears but when i start it i dont have R or D, unplugged tge battery then unplugged the wire from the actuator a couple of times with no luck, anyone have some info on fixing it would be my new best friend lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey all, i recently took my acuator off to clean it up and grease it, in the process i broke the plug for the wiring harness, got that fixed (i think) put it back together and i dont have R or D, i went thru the gears while the car was on auxiliary and had all the gears but when i start it i dont have R or D, unplugged tge battery then unplugged the wire from the actuator a couple of times with no luck, anyone have some info on fixing it would be my new best friend lol
Its Automatic gas

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you do a transmission teach-in by placing the key in #1 position, (KOEO) foot on the brake pedal & slowly move the gear selector to R, N, D, & slowly back to Park. You should hear some clicking from the transmission and hopefully this will get you back on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you do a transmission teach-in by placing the key in #1 position, (KOEO) foot on the brake pedal & slowly move the gear selector to R, N, D, & slowly back to Park. You should hear some clicking from the transmission and hopefully this will get you back on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put it in the start position without starting it, went thru the gears and they were all showing, when i started it up i lost R and D

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
…from your statement…”and grease it” I will think you’re talking about the clutch actuator since there’s nothing to grease in the shift actuator…

…did you mark the location of the clutch actuator base in relation to the case??
…indexing it allows you to reinstall it in the original position to maintain the pushrod preload…

jetfuel…luk..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove the neg terminal from the battery and leave disconnected for an hour, replace, start the engine and go through the gears from reverse up and back to reverse, switch off, leave for a moment and start the car. This has worked for me. It give the control unit time to completely discharge all of the stored energy in the capacitors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts