Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As it turns out the potential buyer acquired a newer Smart. I'm happy for him and that's good thing. No biggie to me. I'm sure someone else will come along looking for a nice set of them rollin' thingies :)

-Steve

·
17,345 Posts
You can save HUGE on shipping if you ship the wheels in pairs. When I sold my original wheels and mounted tyres to SkippyT I boxed them up in two separate boxes.

Shipping was about $32 each via USPS and included tracking (I forget if it came with insurance or not).

Yes, I used worn out boxes. Sue me. :p

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ahhh...I'm the guy who bollixed skoone's sale. I went and bought that newer smart.
This is one good guy who will go the extra mile for you. It's a GREAT deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now that's interesting about USPS. I checked with them and they also quoted a price of approx. $200 total for shipping in pairs which is the same as UPS. I haven't checked with FedEx. I wonder why the extreme price difference?

·
17,345 Posts
I used the Standard Post shipping service. Free tracking was included. Insurance could've been had for cheap as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,214 Posts
I have found USPS to be a more reasonable alternative to UPS and FedEx. Plus the UPS office here in town is only open from 4pm-6pm. not convenient when you work 2nd shift.

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Did you mention the wheels would be boxed? I've sold several, and discovered they will ship with a piece of cardboard taped on the front and back at a much higher price. They never mentioned that there was an irregular shaped package charge added. In a box the cost is about half. I don't recall how I discovered it, but neither UPS or USPS were very helpful. I think I was paying $28 each for shipping single front tire/wheel combos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts