Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok All,

After skipping a year, I think it is time again to go roll around the Ozark Mountains.

The trip this year will be on the 31st of October to the 3rd of November. We will probably stay in the same hotel as the last time and that is The Best Western Eureka Inn. If I get enough participation then I will see about arraigning a discounted rate. Please let me know ASAP.

I think that we will do just as we did the last time unless someone has any suggestions.

Thursday: head down at about eight or nine in the morning and stop for breakfast along the way. Arrive in the late afternoon and check in to the hotel then with a little sightseeing and then dinner.

Friday: Shopping, Sightseeing, and then Dinner...

Saturday: we can either arrange the same tour that we had the last time or we can go for a drive through the Ozark mountains... or both then Dinner.

Sunday: We head back stopping off in Springfield to go to Lamberts Cafe and then home.

This is just a quick recap and more details will be ironed out as we get more people and receive any suggestions. Last time was very laid back and spur of the moment.

What say you?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK All,

Lets start getting a head count to see if I have enough to get a discounted rate at the hotel. Here is the list that I am sure of to date.

Twister2699 - 2
Whoadale - 2
Prison city smart - 2
Sr Swatch - 1

If you are planning to attend please let me know. :spots:

Thanks,
Andy "Sr Swatch" :smartje.zw.zw:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I wish, I wish, I wish. Not only are we too far away I have a 60th Birthday Gathering planned for Jim.
It was lot's of fun 2 years ago, even just being there for 1 day.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Perfect time of the year too. Sad to say, no can do. Two big events within months this past Summer have drained my fun funds for a while.

Sounds like a good alternative to the Dragon if you do it again though. Just don't move it to August, LOL.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright here is an updated list.

Twister2699
Whoadale
Sr Swatch
RBsmart

BB Benz and DrKillerBee are you all thinking of joining us? :spots:

Thanks,
Andy "Sr Swatch" :smartje.zw.zw:

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
We have a 50th anniversary to attend on that Saturday but it may have to be delayed due to medical problems. It is still on at this time however if delayed we would love to come.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I'm celebrating the fall and winter holidays with a medication that is keeping me inside ... very intolerant to ANY sunshine. If you see a guy driving a smart in a monk's garb, that's me ... and no, I haven't taken any celibacy vows.

Obviously, any cures for Cabin Fever will be appreciated. Quaff a suitably robust beer or ale, and I'll share a toast with you.

Cheers, Bob

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I'm celebrating the fall and winter holidays with a medication that is keeping me inside ... very intolerant to ANY sunshine. If you see a guy driving a smart in a monk's garb, that's me ... and no, I haven't taken any celibacy vows.

Obviously, any cures for Cabin Fever will be appreciated. Quaff a suitably robust beer or ale, and I'll share a toast with you.

Cheers, Bob
When I'm on Doxycycline for my "Lyme "disease the sun will break my skin into a blistering rash in a heartbeat so I understand your situation well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Put me on the list as 50/50, the metal snail is giving me a hard time, if I get the car running I can join you for Thursday, but I have to be at work Friday night....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Thanks for the personal invite :D but not going to make it this year.
I hope all have a fun time. I will have to be with you in spirit this time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this is killing me... For a second time in a row I have to cancel a MO-KAN event because of lack of interest. Sorry to those that have confirmed... Maybe next time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts