Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2013 coupe in July of 2012 and for various reasons had to get rid of the car early last year. Priorities are reorganized and now want to get back into a fortwo (before the 453 comes out!) and I'm thinking the cabriolet this time. Anything I need to be aware of that afflicts them? This would be a new '14 or '15 model.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Far as I know the '14 and '15 are exactly the same. The '15s may have been sitting around at smartville for awhile as smart needed to produce them before model year 2016 safety or EPA standards (not sure which) come into play. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will still be under warranty so why does it really matter.

Well, because if I intend to keep the car beyond the warranty (I drive between 20,000-25,000 miles a year) I want to know if there are any long-term issues to be aware of or that I can help prevent by taking action while the car is still new and under warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
A little early for any long term issues to show up on those model years, but so far I don't remember seeing any issues. :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you drive it it will break eventually, best not to drive it. Your welcome.

I doubt anyone has a 2014 or 2015 that is out of warranty and nothing mechanically is different on the new cars, I don't get the point of this thread. Seems like information that will already exist from the current cabrio owners.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Can't comment on the 451 but if the 450 is any indication of the mechanism in the 451 it will serve you well for years. We put ours up and down at least 100 times per year and it is 8 years old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts