Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Oh boy, my favourite time of year! But even better!

I will be attending the Media Preview of this year's Chicago Auto Show. Expect to see some cool videos, photos, and maybe a few write ups from everything happening in the Windy City. And of course, everything smart!

Oh, and since I'm 21 this year, I can actually do all of the test drives. :cool:

And of course, the show opens to the public a couple days after the Media Preview on Feb. 8-17th.

Checkmate, AutoBlog. :p

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just fine with being in the presence of a Tesla. :D

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If GM will be offering test drives, yes. They often do have Media only test drives so I wouldn't be surprised.

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They consider active members of social media (bloggers, YouTubers, etc) as members of the media. :)

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I cannot cover the amount of things they did. AutoBlog had a team of people covering stuff. However, I did cover the most popular stuff, filmed a few press conferences, and got some ride-ins.

Well...A LOT of ride ins. Apparently what's usually off limits for the public is open to you.

Oh, and although smart didn't bring anything impressive, the person they had on hand (the same lady from last year) is singlehandedly the coolest booth professional ever. She knew her stuff!

Kinda off topic: I photobombed Cars.com, Telemundo (Spanish TV station), NBC news, CBS news, and several other blogs. I'm sure my image will turn up somewhere in their press releases. :D

Anyway, all videos will be posted to YouTube this weekend, all 300 photos will be Tweeted, and some write ups will appear on my Kinja blog.

I'll be returning to the show on Sunday to check out the public show and take some sweet test drives (there weren't any test drives for media), which includes the Scion iQ...

In the meantime, here are some teaser shots:

This blue Mustang is in original condition, and apparently is the first Mustang ever sold.

After photobombing the Cars.com crew.

After photobombing the Telemundo crew.

KIA Soul EV interior.

BMW i3 (this car is amazing to sit in). The car will be locked for the remainder of the show.

Smart BoConcept limited edition.

A Nissan NV200 wearing a bow tie (this is just wrong).

Aaaaand finally, why Chevy should not let you design your own City Express...

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BoConcept is a Danish designer. They partnered up with smart last year to create an entire line of smart home furnishings. They had smart sofas, smart pillows, smart sculptures, and all points in between.

The car was absolutely wonderful. I'm a sucker for leather (be it fake, or real) and the colours went so well together. I'd retrofit my car with the BoConcept's interior...but I bet it would require me to drop a few stacks! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts