Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
It appears you have the factory size tires and wheels. The front is 155 and the rear is 175. The factory sticker for your tire pressures are 29 lbs in the front and 34 lbs in the rear.DCO
On my 2015 ED, the recommended tire pressures are 29 front, 36 rear for those same tire sizes. I found a good compromise at 32 front, 34 rear. I am running a 20 mm spacer behind the front wheels which softens the front suspension in compression and that probably allows me to run that much front tire pressure without losing my fillings, but I believe that a pressure differential closer to what I am running provides better turn-in and a bit more grip up front.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The insulation on the mat that goes over the engine is cracked in two but it's not visible when it's down. Just something I'd consider replacing in the future.
:think:Russell I think that the insulation mat on the engine cover is possibly under a recall and MB will replace that for free.
Recall Number 18V273000
Recall Date 04/27/2018
Component ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE

·
17,363 Posts
:think:Russell I think that the insulation mat on the engine cover is possibly under a recall and MB will replace that for free.
Recall Number 18V273000
Recall Date 04/27/2018
Component ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
They're talking about the mat attached to the carpet in the trunk, not the engine mat. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts