Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is planning to camp/RV at the rally? I think it would be great if as many as possible stayed at the same campground. Anyone interested in doing that?

If so which do you think would be better: The RV park in Amana, which also has spaces for tent campers or at the State Park Campground outside of Amana? I think that's where the Saturday picnic is being held.

Here is information about the two camping areas:

The Amana Colonies RV Park and Event Center has tent camping sites available as well as sites for RV's and regular campers. Some of the tents sites have electricity available.

It is at Amana, IA so you'd be close to those staying in Amana.

The rates are reasonable

Nightly $34 full hook-up
$31 water & electric
$20 dry/tent camping
Electric is available as an option for dry/tent campers per the website.

Kent Park also looks good - it is about 12.6 miles from Amana. Has both electric and non-electric campsites. Also has a beach and fishing in the lake. No reservations are required, this is a first come first serve camping area.

Fees: $15 for electric
$12 for non-electric

I think the picnic will be here at Kent Park if I understand the event plans correctly.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

With only 4 weeks until the rally we need to decide soon which campground to register for.

Anyone else coming to the rally that's planning to camp or bring an RV? I know that Neon is thinking about it but who else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts