Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Previous Midwest rallys were in early June, as were the 2010 Nationals that replaced the Midwest event that year. Sort of traditional at this point. :)

2012 Midwest Rally - Smart Car of America Forums : Smart Car Forum

Dells 06/11 - Smart Car of America Forums : Smart Car Forum
That is a good time of the year in St. Louis...any later and the heat and humidity would wrinkle our smarts.
If a person could add a day or two before or after the event there are some fun things to do in and around St. Louis.
A float trip (traditionally in a canoe but a kayak is more fun) on one of our crystal clear spring fed rivers with beautiful bluffs is a real treat.
Our zoo is one of the top zoos in the country where almost all of the animals are not in cages but in viewing areas sculpted to mimic their normal surroundings. And it's free! As is the Budweiser Brewery tour and Art Museum.
A trip to the top of the Arch is not free but the trip up the legs of the arch and the view from the top are exciting. If the Cardinals are in town try to catch a game.

·
Super Moderator
11,222 Posts
You do realize that anyone can set up and do a rally, it takes a lot of work but it is a fun time!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
That is a good time of the year in St. Louis...any later and the heat and humidity would wrinkle our smarts.
If a person could add a day or two before or after the event there are some fun things to do in and around St. Louis.
A float trip (traditionally in a canoe but a kayak is more fun) on one of our crystal clear spring fed rivers with beautiful bluffs is a real treat.
Our zoo is one of the top zoos in the country where almost all of the animals are not in cages but in viewing areas sculpted to mimic their normal surroundings. And it's free! As is the Budweiser Brewery tour and Art Museum.
A trip to the top of the Arch is not free but the trip up the legs of the arch and the view from the top are exciting. If the Cardinals are in town try to catch a game.
Your a smart individual. Lots to do in St.Louis. Drury Inn Hotel next to the smart dealer, prefect.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
You do realize that anyone can set up and do a rally, it takes a lot of work but it is a fun time!
I have run a national Mazda event ten years ago. I understand what it takes to run the event but also know that it takes several other dedicated people to help at the event leading runs, organizing cars for runs, helping with food chores, getting stuff for goody bags and giveaways (if we have them), and tabulating votes for the car show. Anyone that feels dedicated...let me know. I will try to find a good venue that has a pavilion of some sort to hang out in and a hotel that will be quality hotel but inexpensive. Helping in some national Mini events has shown me that the inexpensive events seem to draw more people and spawns more socializing. The driving runs will be a lot of fun and smart people can be fun so let fun be the guide. Variety in runs and plenty of alternatives to the runs should be provided.
But most important at this time is a show of hands that are interested in attending the event and a showing of a few handy people to help run the event.
Mick

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am thinking of doing the OutSMARTing the Dragon in August (index). But I would also be interested in a Midwest event since I am from Omaha.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I am thinking of doing the OutSMARTing the Dragon in August (index). But I would also be interested in a Midwest event since I am from Omaha.
Sounds like the first week in June is the preferred time to have this rally and that would blend well with going to the Dragon in late August. St. Louis is easy to get to from pretty much most of the country but is very convenient to the Midwest smarties.
Mick
ps Still looking for some "dedicated' people to help. Have one on board already.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I like the idea of a Midwest rally in St Louis. I'll even come without a broken arm unlike this years OTD.

I don't know where we will be living by next June but hopefully within easy driving distance.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Sounds like the first week in June is the preferred time to have this rally and that would blend well with going to the Dragon in late August. St. Louis is easy to get to from pretty much most of the country but is very convenient to the Midwest smarties.
Mick
ps Still looking for some "dedicated' people to help. Have one on board already.
Kudo's to you for organizing it.:)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts