Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
June 6-8, 2014 Amana, Iowa

Located just north of Interstate 80 in east central Iowa, the seven villages of the Amana Colonies are home to Whirlpool (Amana Refrigeration), Amana Furniture & Clock Shop, Amana Woolen Mills, and Millstream Brewing Company.

The surrounding area has plenty of motels, campgrounds, parks, shopping, and food.

Planned events include a "family style" dinner, winery/brewery tour, scenic cruise, picnic, bluegrass concert, and car show.

The host motel is the Guest House Motel located in Amana, IA.

Lodging information can be found here.

Here is a link to the Amana Colonies for more information.

Here is a tentative schedule:

Friday afternoon meet and greet
Friday evening family style dinner
Saturday mid-morning scenic drive
Saturday noon picnic and R/C races
Saturday afternoon bluegrass concert
Saturday late-afternoon brewery tour
Sunday morning car show
Sunday brunch at Phat Daddy's (awesome brunch)

What say you smart fanatics?

Cold beer, great food, and live entertainment. Is this Heaven? No, it's a smart car rally in Iowa!

·
Super Moderator
28,243 Posts
OK, you're on the National/Regional forum. Got the calendar marked! :)

PS - will there be a "host" motel?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I just checked, it's 322 miles from here to Amana, I could make that on about 3/4 tank easy, especially if I took my time. Unless I pull my trailer with the camping gear, then it might take more. Chumly

·
Super Moderator
28,243 Posts
...pick us up on the way there...
...you know you can always spend the night....we'll do vegetarian this time..LOL.

Jetfuel....not worried about drive time....
Would be a good run for Frankensmart...:cool:
We'll have to meet up with Barney in Illinois; after that you two are on your own as I won't be able to keep up....:p

·
Registered
449 Posts
1088 miles... I'll have to figure out my vacation plans for next year before I make up my mind. Maybe I can make it part of a larger trip.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like there may be a caravan from the Ohio Kentucky area :) Amy and I will pencil this rally in but the date is still very far off.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts