Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Mirage a better buy than the smart fortwo?

The affordable Mitsubishi Mirage makes a solid argument in its base form, catering to drivers looking for a no-nonsense sub-compact with useable cargo space and excellent fuel economy. As select as that criteria is, the Mirage makes less sense as you move up to the ES level, where its biggest asset – the small price – is diminished.
Read the full 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Review at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Logically, it probably is a better buy. But the Mirage has absolutely no style, no uniqueness, no soul. I'd take a smart over the Mirage any day. (And I don't even own a smart!)

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
It might be if we really knew anything abut the forfour and, more important, if we could buy a forfour here in the first place. :)

·
17,351 Posts
Is the Mirage a better buy than the smart fortwo?
Comparing apples to watermelons, are we?

On topic: I haven't read a review like that since the Chevy Aveo was still around. If what's in that review is to believed, even mentioning that this car could be better than a smart is a slap across the face!

Didn't like AutoGuide when they took over, still don't now. :)

·
17,351 Posts
I don't get the unrequited hate. It's one thing if it's offensively bad like the Chevy Aveo, but the Mirage is a cheap car that's proud to be a cheap car. Other than the Tata Nano and the fortwo pure I don't think there are any other cheap cars out there that can say that.

Every other cheap car tries to give you the false impression that it's something more, be it sporty or luxurious...

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Critical word, NEW.

We are down to three very tired dealerships with NO customer traffic, like a smart showroom.

Hard to survive when you have to split so little volume three ways . . .

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
How many new dealers from any brand any more? The whole industry contracted a lot during the "economic downturn" and I don't see new dealers popping up any time soon. :)

·
17,351 Posts
How many new dealers from any brand any more? The whole industry contracted a lot during the "economic downturn" and I don't see new dealers popping up any time soon. :)
Actually, the automotive industry has been on the upswing after the recession.
GM and Ford dealers in my area are either expanding or new dealers are opening up.

Even smart opened up a new dealership in St. Charles.

One word, Mitsubishi. How many new dealers in your neighborhood?
There are 3 Mitsubishi dealers within a 50 mile radius of my current location. That's pretty bad considering Chicago is a hotspot in the auto industry.

GM has been expanding the most, I've seen a couple new Chevy/GMC/Cadillac/Buick dealers open up.

There's even a new smart centre.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts