1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
17,349 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Most of this is available?

Thank you neon

Looking through the file, most (if not all) of the stuff listed CAN be gotten by a dealer?

Whether you want to pay what the dealer is going to charge is another question?

I did find it really interesting that in the "electronics" section it lists "smart drive kit for the iPhone®, 3G/3Gs/4/4s* State-of-the-art functionality" ? ? ?

State of the art for devices that are no longer even made?

·
17,349 Posts
Yes, I acquired a brochure back in 2012. My dealer claims they can get anything in the brochure.

Though most things are special order and some things (like the Brabus Bluetooth Module***) require dealer installation...no DIY...

As for the iPhone thing, good catch! The reason for that is because the brochure is dated as "04/12", so at the time it was published, the 4s was the newest iPhone available. :D

***This thing costs $450 before installation. And it only works with the Highline navigation system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
smart car forum wouldn't let me put the full link on for some reason - using Yahoo search for Smart Car OEM accessories - look for smarts - on my computer it was about 20 down from the top

·
17,349 Posts
You're not allowed to post links or pictures until you have a post count of 3. You now have 5, so you should be good to go!

Welcome! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello from Virginia!
i have fallen in love (but not in practicality and ridiculousness) with the leather clad smarts in europe... i have gone to brabus smart wed sites including the Xclusive made to order one and have yet to see the leather suit for my Lenny (named by the neighborhood elementary school children that love my car)
ideas?

·
17,349 Posts
Two solutions:

1. Contact Smart Madness in California. You dream it, they can make it.

2. If you prefer something more, local: Try contacting upholstery shops in your area. Many of these shops specialize in custom jobs for boats and cars. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is someone on eBay from Ft. Lauderdale, FL who has posted leather seat covers for smart and in correspondence with them, they will sell a full leather interior. They either sell the parts or will do the install themselves (5 days for full interior). Need to see if I can find the reference.

-Barry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm fairly certain we have a smart leather interior option in the Canadian market. Maybe you can import one!

I could be wrong tho...

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
There is someone on eBay from Ft. Lauderdale, FL who has posted leather seat covers for smart and in correspondence with them, they will sell a full leather interior.
Could it have been Ernie at Breathless Performance Dania, FL?

Appears he may have discontinued this PREMIUM ($2,450.00) LeatherSmart (a sister company of Caribex, a French custom leather company based in Paris) line . . .

Breathless Performance Online Store - Leather Interior Kit, Complete (Powered by CubeCart)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,219 Posts
I think schefao may be talking about the few Euro smarts that the bodies are covered in leather. Kind of interesting, but not very practical except in a show car environment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK the Dash Pod with the little screen for the iPod? That's awesome.

I still laugh every time I see my silly "analog clock" dash pod.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Look on eBay for seller: ben160959

He has leather seat skins/covers listed for 2008-2011 smarts for $219 with free shipping.

Contact him for full interior kits - and he does installation in Ft. Lauderdale FL

-Barry-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts