Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 smart fortwo EV won't charge main battery after installing a new 12v battery.
Any ideas what this could be...my mechanic says is....the charger unit and control unit module.
Any ideas but this could be ??
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
What was the status of things before you changed your 12v battery? Was everything working properly? Did you have the same message?

Len

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune, doesn’t look good?

MY14 ED, owned since new? No prior issues?

Candoman reported similar error message resulting in...

“it had an internal electrical fault. That contactors for the HV battery had malfunctioned. "New HV battery required.”

Your previous post still has some unanswered questions with regard to the “new” Interstate battery, dealer & mechanic - M-B dealer, mechanic smart/EV qualified?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
First thing is the OP in another thread was reporting loss of charge in BOTH batteries. Pull up the passenger floor and put a multimeter to the new battery and tell us the Voltage. Replacing may have just lead to a dead new battery without verification...

At 50% I would hope there is still hope for the HV battery....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here's 3 more recent ones up for auction:

Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Light Gauge

The one on the right has some hope however if it has been sitting in the yard there for only a month or so. $2500-US seems to be a generally agreed price for an ED with useless hv battery in otherwise nice shape. Afaik rebuilt hv battery is still $12,500-US.
--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts