Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Sorry for my counterpoint, but I think it looks cheap, cold, and outdated. The uninspired Twingo interior disappoints me, and I hope the Smart version will be better in all aspects.

I think more people would drive small cars if the interiors didn't look so cheap and plasticky.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
17,350 Posts
Makes sense to me. Although I think the upper dash is made out of the same kind of soft touch materials Toyota and Chrysler are using.

Agree on other points though, it's missing some "zazz". I think it needs more colour.

Though, the smart version shouldn't look anything like the Twingo, so my point is moot anyway. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,243 Posts
It's a French car designed by the French for the French. Once Mercedes has made the interior more Germanic it should get its smart personality back. Hopefully smart will add seats with whiplash reducing headrests to increase the car's safety rating. Odd, having the dash say "hello" instead of "bonjour" when the power comes on. :)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Sorry for my counterpoint, but I think it looks cheap, cold, and outdated. The uninspired Twingo interior disappoints me, and I hope the Smart version will be better in all aspects.

I think more people would drive small cars if the interiors didn't look so cheap and plasticky.
Steven - for the first few moments of the video, I didn't understand your comment - but when the video got to the door pockets with the simple elastic strip to hold the water bottles in place, I had to agree whole-heartedly with you. I think they wanted something like the new Mini Coopers, but didn't come close.
:puppy_dog_eyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
That looks very low end, almost like a very cheap Nissan? To it's defense I don't think the Twingo is designed to be a "Premium" micro car right? So we should see much more Daimler influence on the smart... I hope.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Those pictures of the mule are when the 453 was still using the last generation Twingo body and interior, hence the outdated look and ignition switch on the column.

·
17,350 Posts
That looks very low end, almost like a very cheap Nissan? To it's defense I don't think the Twingo is designed to be a "Premium" micro car right? So we should see much more Daimler influence on the smart... I hope.
That's because the early smart mules used the previous generation Renault Twingo body and interior.

They have absolutely no reflection on what the actual product will look like. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's because the early smart mules used the previous generation Renault Twingo body and interior.

They have absolutely no reflection on what the actual product will look like. :)
I wasn't referring to the mule, but to the interior of the new generation Twingo on the video. :)

The old interior looks even more cheap and tacky than the new generation.

·
17,350 Posts
Oh yeah...It does look a little uninspired. Thankfully though, that's not going to be our problem! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts