Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Veto the black Skirt. Go with body color.

1 creates this funky area.
2 your rear valance is body color and the eye wont flow here.
3 same body color and eye flow issue here up front.

When you get there you will be more inclined to wrap your tri-cell body color. For now paint skirt to match lip one and two.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Veto the black Skirt. Go with body color.

1 creates this funky area.
2 your rear valance is body color and the eye wont flow here.
3 same body color and eye flow issue here up front.

When you get there you will be more inclined to wrap your tri-cell body color. For now paint skirt to match lip one and two.
[/
Good morning,
Point well taken and makes perfect sense. As much as I wanted to think about matching the tridium Cel something was off about bringing black into a body panel and breaking that line. This will probably give me a little wiggle room as far as convincing my Husband to paint the entire car which has always been a thought, color matching the Cel to the body color.
Thank you for your input it’s appreciated.
Paula

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wait on that though you are far from your final look. You like looking at your car so you have several more tweaks to go. One black decal, accent or emblem may make the black tri-cell perfection.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
FWIW, the side skirts and valances went to body color for the 2011 model year, so those parts should be available if you want to use OEM pieces... :)
I’m so in love with those Panimex side skirts from Smart Madness, and I believe I can give them the color code and they will have them finished. Thank you for the information on body color and year they went to matching up the Valances.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts