Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an uneventful drive to work in my 2015 ED today. The car was at 100% charge when I started and about 85% when I parked it at work. I removed the key, stepped out and noticed it wouldn't lock. I got back in and noticed the interior lights weren't on. I turned it on to see the charge but the LCD blipped on the off. Trying to start it gives me a plethora of dash warning lights. Then all the LCD lights would turn off. I did shut the door and i saw the LCD turn on and show the battery charge bar empty. Then once it showed it almost full.

It's totally dead now. Turning the key to ON or Start does not bring any life from the car. I can see it is powering the cig lighter as when I put it to ON, the bluetooth transmitter comes on.

The only other thing to mention is it is parked on the incline portion of the standard parking garage. So, it is tilting to the passenger side with the angle of the ramp. Nothinig steep at all.

Can't get it out of Park.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
paul

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts
Still under warranty? If so, have it towed to the dealer, doesn't sound like a DIY fix.

And welcome to SCoA! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used the article on this forum about getting in out of Park. Score for SCoA. Coasted it out of the garage from the third floor level.
On a flatbed on the way to the dealer. It's a 2015 with only 5500 miles. Should be under warranty.

I will update.

-ps

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Cost of the tow may be covered by the Mercedes Roadside plan.

Len

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said it was a loose connection on the battery. So that was an easy fix. They also updated the software for the battery controller. I'm trying to get them to check out the front radiator fans as one of them makes the squealing noise when powering down.
So, good news it is not anything catastrophic.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All is back to normal. The work order said it was some loose ground strap under the passenger seat and some battery connector.
Also got a software update.

Love this little car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts