Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the place, please advise if it is not.

Today, we found our 2015 fortwo is completely dead, no visible indications, lights, door locks, gauges, etc. We used it two days ago without any problems (battery was just below 80% when we got home).

Has this happened to anyone else, and, if so, what was the problem and what was the solution?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
352 Posts
12v battery dead maybe?
Not sure if this is the place, please advise if it is not.

Today, we found our 2015 fortwo is completely dead, no visible indications, lights, door locks, gauges, etc. We used it two days ago without any problems (battery was just below 80% when we got home).

Has this happened to anyone else, and, if so, what was the problem and what was the solution?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This site has a Smart electric drive forum. Go over to it.

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f170/

Yes. It is probably a dead 12V battery. It can happen if lights are left on. Charge or jump the 12V battery. Those box gadgets don't work - you need to jump it from another car.

Don't delay doing this, as there appears to be a poorly understood bug (or design feature?) on at least some ED's that self-destructs the high voltage battery if the car is left with no 12V power over an unknown period of time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
12 Volt battery, been there done that. I did find that manually pushing the car a few feet did allow me to start and drive the car until I stopped again. Then I replaced the 12 Volt battery and problem was solved. That was last year and there was a fairly long discussion about the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts