Smart Car of America Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who wants an “ALMOST BRAND NEW” 400 ACTUAL MILE 2015 U.S. market Smart Fortwo. This is last year the 451 body series was offered with gas power in the U.S. market.

Optioned with the $3189 PO4 CAR2GO EDITION PKG which included power steering, power windows, A/C, heated leather seats, factory Navigation & Bluetooth audio. Cost new was over $17K & that does not include the added WeatherTech front & rear cargo FloorLiners, upgraded LED headlamp bulbs, silicone license plate frame, window tints, & Mat Black wrap on body trim, mirror caps & Tridion safety cell. Comes with AutoCheck buyback guarantee, extra key fob & original factory window sticker.

I’m not asking for an appraisal as to the value so please don’t comment in that regard. You won’t find a 400 mile 451 listed in any current price guide or auction report so the true value of this particular car won’t be determined till the next owner buys it. I’d like to see it go to a car collector who will keep the mileage low & display it in their microcar collection. If you want it to drive as an everyday car, I’m OK with that too. You’re getting virtually a brand new car that’s going to give you trouble free driving for many miles to come. Currently housed inside my climate controlled garage on St. Simons Island on SE GA coast halfway between Jacksonville, FL & Savannah, GA

A car is only brand new once & this one is darn close. Chances are you will not find another one currently for sale ever having miles this low.

Call Stuart @ 912-634-4949 for complete details.

Thanks for looking.

Offered @ $10,900 OBO

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Gauge Speedometer Odometer Auto part Meter
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Personal luxury car
Electronics Vehicle Multimedia Technology Car
Paper Subcompact car
Text Font Line Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Nice low mileage car, you got there. Wonder if the oil has ever been change in it? After sitting 5 years. The fuel tank, is nearly full too.

Good luck selling it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, oil was changed with synthetic Mobile 1 in Oct of ‘19. Don’t have any info if oil had been changed prior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First registered owner from Houston was a collector who bought car with 30 miles on it in Oct. ‘19 from a Nissan dealer in Texas. It was part of a large canceled order from Cars2Go (a subsidiary of Mercedes) in Southern California. There were quite a few that never went into service & were sold @ dealer only auctions after Mercedes pulled the plug & ceased ride-share operations in the U.S. market. Most were Electric Drive however this one was gas powered & never went into service.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are those OEM hubcaps?? I was admiring the car and noticed the hubcaps were like the one the guy sold me that he had spray painted them black but there was no logo on the hubcap or any writing saying they were smart rims. I put the hubcaps off my other smart that had the logo. I was going to just toss the black spray painted ones because they looked cheap and thought probably cost $20 on amazon, but now I am wondering if they might be worth some money. Here is a picture of my car with my hubcaps that have the smart logo

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Good eye, those wheel covers are aftermarket ones. The smart logo is missing. I wonder why someone would switch them, on such a low mileage car. Some of the base Pure models didn’t come with wheel covers. Especially the Car 2Go ones. I shot a this one in Redondo beach California. Those aftermarket do enhance a plain Jane wheel. They look good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a good question that I too have been wondering the answer. I have looked at a lot of similar cars for sale online that look like they have the Cars2Go pkg. Most had only steel wheels with no wheel covers at all. Some had the ones in your picture & some had the same as mine. I looked at some older posts on this website about the Cars2Go spec cars & it appears they were offered with both style wheel covers. Perhaps someone who really knows about the Cars2Go program in U.S. market can chime in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I decided to keep the car, I think I would get a set of OEM alloys for it. The wheel covers currently on it are starting to grow on me so I’m undecided at the moment. The Cars2Go spec trim is somewhere in between the Pure & Passion the way it comes equipped.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
If I decided to keep the car, I think I would get a set of OEM alloys for it. The wheel covers currently on it are starting to grow on me so I’m undecided at the moment. The Cars2Go spec trim is somewhere in between the Pure & Passion the way it comes equipped.
Stuart, a pure, with leather heated seats, navigation system. No paddle shifters. It has the rain sensor, probably power steering too. I’d kept the car, and enjoy it. So many options for alloy wheels, out there. The weather tech, all weather floor mats. Are a plus too. Tinted windows. The Tridion safety claims to be silver. Looks like someone wrapped it flat black. Same with the smart car logo, on the front grill. Nice subtle enhancements.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Ok... C2G explains it.... I was trying to figure out how you got pure wheels and a steering wheel combined with some really individual upgrades. Had forgotten about C2G. Nice find with the miles.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The logo ones look better, I think. But hubcaps are a pain. And the smart ones are expensive, if you loose one (or all). Go with alloys, keep the steel for spares or winter tires. In a snowstorm no one is going to care what your rims look like.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Those are good looking, fake leather heated seats. Even the stitching looks great. As a public used vehicle, it make sense to use vinyl seats. Easy to clean. Surprise, there are bun warmers in such a base car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It sure looked like leather to me too. Even texture felt like leather. If they are in fact faux they will probably hold up better than real leather.

Oh by the way, my car was sold last weekend & will be on the way to CA today to the next caretaker. Unlike me, he does plan on driving it a little.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.