Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,193 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have no reason to believe the 12V battery was depleting/running off.
You have “no reason to believe” that what may be a 7 year old 12V battery is the problem?

What is your basis for such a belief - tested, replaced?

ALL of your “questions” are answered by a healthy 12V battery..,

· Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,193 Posts
…I just replaced the battery in one of mine with a Mercedes battery and it cost me $162 plus tax - that was with about a 20% discount I think.
It turns out the wife had left the overhead cabin light ON overnight and that seems to have drained out the 12V battery!!
Awesome news!

Once again begs that question of, if an electrical circuit (like the dome light WITH IGNITION OFF) shows a continuous draw why doesn’t it time out? We have other “nannies” to save us from our human frailties?

$175 battery replacement can provide some invaluable peace of mind when 12V FAILURE can leave you with a smart SLED!

Fact, unless you are the original owner you have no idea what abuse the batteries may have seen? Charging frequency, unprotected storage in the deep of Winter?

Based on the 451 HV risk, if you are still “rocking” an OEM 12V you should seriously consider replacing that battery soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.