Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
17,344 Posts
Come on now..."Smart Bashing" is a popular automotive press past-time...really no big deal!
My apologizes...I'm late to the party! :eek:
That's why I said it was garbage and wasn't worth reading. :) That, and there's no point in reading an overly biased rag. They don't get the facts straight or even give it a fair chance. :D

"...is largely considered one of the worst new cars on sale today..."?

Says who, some stupid online lists generated by the same idiots who write those articles? 99% of which haven't even driven the car?

Shoot, the Prius "is largely considered one of the worst cars on sale" as well yet people can't stop buying them! :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nothing like another piece of BS from a site that doesn't even want to admit that our cars exist.

One thing I see from that though is that the wonderful lift glass tailgate we now have is replaced by a conventional liftgate. YUCK!

Liftgates on SUVs suck! Either bash your head or can't reach it to close it. to say nothing of the price to reconstruct one after a colision. Costs more than most cars.

·
17,344 Posts
One thing I see from that though is that the wonderful lift glass tailgate we now have is replaced by a conventional liftgate. YUCK!
The original mules are built on shortened Renault Twingo bodies. The real cars won't look anything like those mules. :)

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When the production 453 is finally unveiled...I bet it's a huge home run!

Mercedes is not going to repeat the same mistakes again...the automotive press will probably love the redesigned 453...I'm looking forward to purchasing one!

But of course...the trade-in value of my loaded '13 will probably only be $5,000! LOL

·
17,344 Posts
I found it funny that pretty much the first two things Mercedes said about the 453 is that it'll come with dual clutch automated-manual transmission and the engine will remain in the rear. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I found it funny that pretty much the first two things Mercedes said about the 453 is that it'll come with dual clutch automated-manual transmission and the engine will remain in the rear. :)

Ya, and if you read the profile of the guy who wrote that article, he brags about his automotive passion and knowledge.

Friggin scrub.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts