Seems like the person who "would know," was kind of meh.These details were told to me directly today, by one who would know:
1. Next-gen smart will not arrive until 2015. here in the states
2. It will be based on the design language of the Forstars concept. ok
3. Engine will be a .8L turbo producing 100 HP. more than one engine, remains to be seen what we'll get.
4. Fuel economy will be over 50 mpg. so far, no confirmation
5. A Brabus engine will offer an extra 25 HP. so far, no confirmation
6. Standard 6-speed manual transmission, or optional 7-speed DCT. nope
7. Car length will remain the same as the current generation; but the width will increase by 4 inches. yep
7. Interior will be noticeably more upscale, with more optional equipment. kind of a broad statement, not verifiable per se
8. It looks nothing like the mule spy shots (as expected). My source has seen it and says we will NOT be disappointed.
And the doors on the new Forfour will be suicide-style. nope
Sent from AutoGuide.com App