Smart Car of America Forum banner

2016 453 Prime Cruise Control is Unavailable?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dburke8088 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a odd one. I've been driving this on Interstate for 3 weeks now. And today when I'm off to a service call, turn on the cruse control, get a ding, yellow box message that "Cruse Control is Un-available" message on the display. This is odd since I was using cruse control to the office this morning. After pulling in to re-fuel, hit the road and the Cruse Control is back again. :shrug: Not cool. Has anybody else seen this before? Will make a note when it goes back for the 7K service.
Also noticed that after the first stop at a red light the mpg was just increasing while sitting. computer glitch?

#2 ·
Intermittent quirks are the most annoying thing about car ownership. Namely because they can happen out of nowhere, and not happen again for MONTHS, if not longer..... which means trying to get anyone to "fix" it is pointless because they won't be able to recreate the issue. One time, not long after i got my 453, i started my car, and my radio would not turn on, no (you know what)'s given to how many times i pressed the power button. Turned the car off and back on, and radio started up just like normal.

#3 ·
Intermittent on physical behavior I can understand. Loose ground or UN-expected load on a power circuit. Even feedback when a led light replaces as incandescent bulb. Sensor malfunctions on a car be cured. I'm always concerned with logic issues because that could be a cpu problem. It's already had the software update when it last went in for warranty service.
I have had a American car CPU blow out while at highway speed. Cruising away then all instruments when max then min that cycled 3 times engine cut out and transmission dragged it to a stop. Which was good since the power brakes and steering was from the engine.
It's enough to miss the old no brain cars. Before EFI when the most electronic item was the radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.