Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Can anyone verify the completeness and/or accuracy of these combos?

Just seven colors are shown, but I thought there were eight. I didn't think Brown would be offered on the ForTwo. No orange Tridion? No white grille? No gray or black wheels?

:dunno:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 8 colors, but two of them are white. One is glossy the other is matte. Hazel Brown is being offered in Europe now. Does not look like Orange will be a standard Tridion color. I hope I'm wrong! I think it looks awesome. It may end up being a special edition color. No word on the white grill, again may be a special option. We just have to wait and see what they offer us in the U.S.A. I have to admit, the new style is growing on me fast. Very anxious to see what Brabus does with the new generation.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Any idea whether the Hazel Brown, Blue, or Gray are non-metallic? I like those three, but I would rule out any metallic colors. Thanks!

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Nice to have Dark Blue back (is it the same as the 2008 - 2011 Blue?

No glaring, eye-popping, YELLOW?

Wallace I'm sure you were meaning glaringly beautiful and excitingly eye popping yellow.

Steven...I think there are few non metallic colors as they usually carry a steep upcharge which is pure profit. I am not sure but I think only white, black, red, and yellow (except Cityflame) are the only solid colors. (on the 451)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Steven...I think there are few non metallic colors as they usually carry a steep upcharge which is pure profit. I am not sure but I think only white, black, red, and yellow (except Cityflame) are the only solid colors. (on the 451)

Thanks, Doc. Yes, I'm familiar with which of the current 451 colors are non-metallic. Just wondering about the specific 453 colors I mentioned.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The blue and brown certainly look metallic and the grey looks like it is possibly matte. Are there any of us that have seen all of these colors in person...? You never know about the black as some companies are using a faint metallic in the black to get the upcharge. You are probably only going to get the 453 in white or possibly black if you want solid color.

The orange with black tridion looks like it should have the entire rear of the car painted black with a couple of big matching orange stripes with black stripes on the orange front. That could jump out from the crowd.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
The blue and brown certainly look metallic and the grey looks like it is possibly matte.

I had speculated that the blue might be non-metallic. It would be unprecedented if smart were to offer nothing but black and white non-metallic alternatives. My choice, in that case, would necessarily be white. I think that if the gray color were a matte finish, then it would have been noted/named as such, as was the second white version. I'm disappointed that the stunning yellow color used for the 451 ED won't be offered... that would easily be my top pick.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The yellow/gold color looks great with the black grille and the black surround of the headlights. A lot of car companies are offering only one vivid color in their lineups (too bad) and I guess the orange is it for the '16 smart here in the US. The brown is an intriguing color and would be better in a solid but the pictures make it look metallic.

Wallace...the blue looks to be a tad brighter than the '08 blue with a little more silver in it a little less green in it. Tough to tell.

Colors are fun...too bad we don't have more fun choices for '16.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts