Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last week or so, I have been getting a notification in the Cross Connect App to UPDATE my app. When I click to update, it says the update is NOT in the US Store.

Is anyone else getting this message?

Interestingly, the error message changed today to : "in order to continue to use the app you MUST upgrade to the latest version"

Thoughts???
Is the US Smart IOS team behind again (remember last year the app was available worldwide 2-3 week before available in the US)

just askin'
-cody

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Did you try going to the ap store and updating directly there? Sometimes the links are buggy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Did you try going to the ap store and updating directly there? Sometimes the links are buggy.

After this thread appeared I checked and there wasn't a U.S. version update available in the Apple App Store.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
After this thread appeared I checked and there wasn't a U.S. version update available in the Apple App Store.
Hi!

Thank you for contributing to this thread. Are you having the same issue?

If the OP installed another country's version, then I would uninstall it, and go to the US ap store and download the proper version.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hi!

Thank you for contributing to this thread. Are you having the same issue?

If the OP installed another country's version, then I would uninstall it, and go to the US ap store and download the proper version.
Yes, same issue. You can still use the app by selecting "Remind Me Later". If you select "Update Now", you are taken to the App Store but get a message that the item is not available in the U.S. store.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I want to assume you could uninstall it, and reinstall it without difficulty? That's my only hope at this point....

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I want to assume you could uninstall it, and reinstall it without difficulty? That's my only hope at this point....
I didn't install the German version and rarely use the U.S. version because of the Bluetooth connectivity issue.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Looked up the issue because I'm part electrical/computer guy. There have been lots of iOS updates. Are things better now?

The newer Bluetooth devices can handle multiple connections at a time. Just last night I noted my wife's '15 BMW made a Bluetooth call on my phone, android, and then made a Bluetooth call on her phone, iOS, one after another. I've had lots of instances where I could not connect my Cobra DSP 9200 BT because my phone had already connected to the car. Once I connected it to the phone before turning on the car, and the iRadar ap worked fine. Apple seems behind when it comes to Bluetooth connectivity, but hopefully it should be better with time, especially now that the newer iPhones don't have an audio jack!

Updates on the iPhone tend to have a note on what the update purports to fix. When I am not rushed I like to read up on what it says. Definitely remember Bluetooth on one of them at least, maybe even the most recent if I recall well enough, because strangely his phone got it, while there was a delay to the iPads. Currently my son's has 10.1.1.......

Androids fare better Bluetooth wise. My wife's '13 C-Max Energi would read text messages from android back in the early days of ownership, while my wife's expensive iPhone 6 would not. There are not as much OS updates for Android devices as there are for iOS, so iOS can catch up......

Since Bluetooth is a separate company, kind of like Homelink is from Johnson Controls, there are always the possibility of integration issues....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had that app since I purchased my car. But the constant reminder to upgrade but it's only for the EU version, just was too much. Finally had to remove all instances of the app. Just use the hands-free now. If they can't figure out release by region, what else will be wrong?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update*****
Hi Cody,

First of all thanks for your question regarding the cross connect app.

Our developers have confirmed that the issue was caused by a bug in the system and this should now be fixed without you needing to update the app.

Kind regards

Your cross connect app support team

This is a "no reply" email, please do not respond to this message. If you want to contact Mercedes-Benz concerning your app query, please use the support functionality in your app.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE for US USERS:
It appears the NEW IOS Smart Cross Connect app has finally hit the Apple US App Store; you can now download v 1.1

New Map and Navigator provider
Predictive Address Search
More POI's
and more

-cody

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
UPDATE for US USERS:
It appears the NEW IOS Smart Cross Connect app has finally hit the Apple US App Store; you can now download v 1.1

New Map and Navigator provider
Predictive Address Search
More POI's
and more

-cody
Yep, mine updated automatically yesterday!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea, installed the new version. And deleted it the same day. When playing music, the option to go to the next song, disabled. the mapping software, too complicated to same favorites. Just went to basic mode of bluetooth connection and used another app for GPS stuff. Just not very intuitive application.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts