Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I'm 50/50 on whether or not I'll carry a spare. As long as I don't hit the wrong object or pothole, and as long as I don't have a defective tire, I'll be fine. My tire pressures will be correct before I leave home.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I drove well over 1,500 miles in my 453 in Mexico with no spare and survive! Kamaal will be just fine.
I was 2 blocks from aristocrat motors on 67th St. Pick up a screw in the side wall. Rear driver side tire. Sunday night. PM the service manager. He had a tire for me the next Monday morning. Used the compressor, to limp in to the dealers. You never know where you will pick a foreign tire object.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Very true. You NEVER know when you'll hit the wrong object. I've worn tires down to the end end end of their lifecycles, without hitting one single nail. Then other times, I've hit the wrong nail or staple on literally a brand new set of tires. It's really inconvenient. :crying:

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Several times. We've driven to Santa Fe New Mexico, from KC. 1,494 miles, round trip. Nothing out in the middle western Kansas, Pan handle of Oklahoma, and Texas.Tumbleweeds. Some of the small towns never seen a smart car. Lucky we never got a flat. I doubt anyone out there, could even get a smart car tire. We did have a jack, and a tire patch kit.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I carry one of these jacks as well. Fits in the tailgate compartment. I also have a 15mm socket and breaker bar as well as a spare tire stored behind the driver's seat.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts