Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Room booked, although they don't have the special rates in the computer yet...:)
I thought it was going to be like pulling teeth to get you to Deadwood (distance which is ONLY 8 miles less than Denver) and then I see you have the first hotel reservations...I am glad you will be there. :D

ps...The $67 per day room rates are fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
Not too sure about the price doubling on the weekend.. I get the supply and demand thing but I haven't seen why Wild Bill days is worth staying for yet...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reasoning behind placing the rally the week before Wild Bill Days was to give the folks with a weeks travel time; coming and going, plus the added four nights at a Super eight some where; a fun ending to the vacation and an added two days sightseeing.
The Hotels will fill up either way, so getting a deal wasn’t going to happen. I’m going to take the Terrace Room if the numbers are big enough, it give us a place to meet and hang out for the four days. Free coffee and stuff included, a bartender if we need, drinks $3. I’m also thinking about a closing dinner.
Right now I need a hard number of the folks attending, come January I’ll get the registration fee worked out. Registration will start Feb.1.
Can we set up a running poll till Jan. for those that are booked, and those folks that would like a closing dinner.
Ok gang that’s it, gonna relax till Jan.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I thought since there was a web site dedicated to the rally there would be no need for a facebook page, but if you disagree I can work on it this week.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here Abbe, I agree., and they're looking for $ to promote the site. I've spread the word to a bunch of sites. Now we'll see what happens come Jan.
If you could just update the Insider site.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,302 Posts
Just a suggestion for Facebook - you don't need a special page for the rally if you make the rally an event on Facebook. Just make it public so everyone can see it and put the word out and other smart owners can publicize it through their own pages, as well as the smart USA page. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts