Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,782 Posts
Well New York and Boston are in the rear view mirror and apparently little buzz generated?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I wanted to go to the one in the NY metro area BUT smart sent me the notification on the event 3 (yes three) days AFTER it took place.....NOT cool......

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
So smart is rolling out the 453 CABRIO with another "ROAD SHOW" event.

2016 smart roadshow | smart USA

Anybody gone to one?

Is it really informative, or more of the same we see on smartusa and smartusainsider?
It would be really informative to folks who have never seen or driven a smart car. But probably not so informative to you. I've been to previous smart roadshows. I believe there is lots of information available, at least the folks I spoke to in SoCal events knew their stuff. You might not learn anything though just because you know everything already. :nerd:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't think Wallace needs to have questions answered about the 453.......

HE SELLS THEM !!!!:)
Sounds clueless to me. Just because he sells them doesn't mean he knows more then owners. In fact I had to show my sales rep SEVERAL things on the 453 that she didn't know. Like how to lock the service flap.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,782 Posts
It would be really informative to folks who have never seen or driven a smart car.

I've been to previous smart roadshows. I believe there is lots of information available...
Unless smartUSA has changed it up, for the Atlanta ED Roadshow when they really needed "informative folks" all we got was uninformed smiling faces hired from a "glamor" agency?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Sounds clueless to me. Just because he sells them doesn't mean he knows more then owners. In fact I had to show my sales rep SEVERAL things on the 453 that she didn't know. Like how to lock the service flap.
Doesn't sound "clueless" at all IF you read the whole sentence. And I agree with it being "more of the same we see on smartusa and smartusainsider?"

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I don't believe he sells them any longer. But when he did, he was definitely one of the most knowledgeable folks involved with smart. He taught me a trick or two about the 451 smart fortwo's.

Which is why he asked the question. I don't believe he is working with smart any longer, so perhaps he was curious to know if he would learn something he didn't already know. I'm sure he'll speak for himself if he returns to this thread.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,575 Posts
For a kind of new member, you sure seem to be quick to jump on some of the older members around here. There are many old timers on this forum that can and will offer lot's of good info. Maybe if you learn to be a bit more civil, you will become friends with some of them. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
For a kind of new member, you sure seem to be quick to jump on some of the older members around here. There are many old timers on this forum that can and will offer lot's of good info. Maybe if you learn to be a bit more civil, you will become friends with some of them. :)
Sorry I fell for the four question mark title troll bait.

:troll: For some old timers you sure are good at getting us new guys all worked up.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Sorry I fell for the four question mark title troll bait.

:troll: For some old timers you sure are good at getting us new guys all worked up.
Older and wiser (sometimes). I'm willing to forgive and forget....:)

How about getting back on topic?? (or is it too late?:laugh:)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the DC show was OK (not great)

I thought the purpose of this roadshow was to show off the new 453 cabrio? But, there were only hardtops in DC.

The hardtops drive nice, I have driven them several times before.

The questions that I had, no one there could answer.

So, I will open up my questions to the peanut gallery.

Will the US be getting a REAL/TRUE/UNADULTERATED BRABUS (cabrio) in the next 2 years?

Will I ever be able to order the euro spec tilting wheel on a US cabrio?

Will full NAV/rear view camera be available on a US cabrio?

·
Super Moderator
29,024 Posts
Just my .02

Will the US be getting a REAL/TRUE/UNADULTERATED BRABUS (cabrio) in the next 2 years? No

Will I ever be able to order the euro spec tilting wheel on a US cabrio? No

Will full NAV/rear view camera be available on a US cabrio? Maybe... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts