Color Display Instrument Cluster
Blue Tooth Handsfree
Alarm System
Power Steering
Sunglass Box
Lockable Service Hood
Tach & Clock Instruments
Smart Radio With CD

A lot of standard equipment for the $2K!
Hot [insert expletive here]!!!!

That's like getting a well equipped 451 for $2k-4k less than the price of a well equipped 451!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I could swear I had seen one in a video or a photo without the clock/tach pod on the dash, and if the pure is the base model it would stand to reason that something like that would be an option, not so? Maybe you'll be getting a pure with some of the options already added as standard... :|

Something else I've also noticed in several of the reviews, but haven't seen mentioned here, was that the tailgate latches have been changed to be completely mechanical. I suppose it could be seen as a step back technologically, but then, why would such a small tailgate really need electronic latches to keep it closed? :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
The pods in the center of the dash are no more, replaced by a single unit combining both tach and clock, that is mounted on the drivers side of the dash near the windshield pillar. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
,, the tailgate latches have been changed to be completely mechanical. I suppose it could be seen as a step back technologically, but then, why would such a small tailgate really need electronic latches to keep it closed? :shrug:
Does this mean it will take 2 hands to open the tailgate again? It sure is nice to be able to open it with one hand when the other hand is holding something, for example. That would be a big disadvantage IMO.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There are a zillion reviews posted on here that show the easy-peasy hatch and tailgate operation.

Check 'em out! It's a great system, and couldn't be simpler.
Yep, I think it may actually be easier to open than in the current model, what with the lower part's latch also being somewhere in the middle, just slightly off-centre.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The pods in the center of the dash are no more, replaced by a single unit combining both tach and clock, that is mounted on the drivers side of the dash near the windshield pillar. :)

It's this combined pod I was talking about, yes. Think I saw a video or photo in a review or gallery in which it was absent. :|

·
17,360 Posts
Pods are standard in all cars equipped with the manual. Pods are optional in models with the DCT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pods are standard in all cars equipped with the manual. Pods are optional in models with the DCT.
Nice! It's funny how often in the last 10-20 years it's been the other way around; where so many manufacturers bundle the tachometers into the auto-transmission upgrade package. Thumbs up to the marketing crew (or whoever it was who set up the option groups) at Smart for that little nugget of sensible option grouping!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts