Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I never thought I would do this, but the time has come for me to vastly downsize the fleet - which means letting go of my '16 Smart, in favor of the '08 that was in our wedding - and the source of the great Pulse build many of you have seen.
(In addition, I may be letting go of my Impala SS in favor of holding on to my Dad's Monte Carlo.) I have an incredibly understanding wife that puts up with me, but I'm afraid I'll be sleeping in my cars soon. I have a tremendous opportunity to condense that Impala and this Smart in to a nicer daily driver, so I'm motivated to move this by Monday 10/14.
So, Skippy, GET ON WITH IT. Ok, ok.

• 2016 Smart ForTwo
  • Prime Coupe
  • 3 cylinder turbo engine
  • 6-speed DCT Automatic
  • 45,000 miles
  • Blue panels, white Tridion, black interior accents, clear panoramic roof
  • Leather interior package - awesome leather heated seats, so comfy
  • Factory warranty remaining - 4 years / 50k miles
  • Clock / Tach pod on the dash - must have
  • LED lighting package - LED running strips in the headlights, LED red sunflower-style brake lights (love those things)
  • Smart rain / light sensors for fully auto lights and wipers
  • 5-spoke black and silver premium wheels
  • Orange interior LED accent lighting
  • Optional factory cargo cover included
  • Optional factory all-weather floor liners included (not the basic mats)
  • Original carpet floor mats also included
  • 4 brand-new factory Continental tires installed upon purchase in 2018
From what I was told, the car was originally leased from Keeler Mercedes in Latham NY upon arrival to its first owner, and then came in after their 2-year-lease was up. At that point, I became the second owner, buying it outright from the dealer while it was on the recondition lot before it even hit their website. (Timing is everything!) It has only been serviced by Keeler, and the only issue is that there's a slight vibration at +55mph from the front brakes (rotors out of round) which will likely be due next Summer at its 2020 checkup. Otherwise, some rock chips and a few scuffs are all that can be found around the car. I try to keep my stuff in tip-top shape - and as Neon and others know, as factory as possible; factory parts, factory options, (satisfied) dealer service.

I am asking $8000 for the car. I am located in Utica NY. Someone, looking to try out the 453 if you haven't already, this car is awesome, but alas, I need my garage back.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
It sounds like a real Beauty!
I wish you the best of luck in finding a good new home for it.
By the way: does Keeler still service Smarts?

·
17,352 Posts
Heh, haven't seen my old screen name used out there in a minute. :)

I can attest to that claim! Skippy likes his smarts clean and instead of aftermarket parts he loves factory options. Hope my 2012's wheels are doing well! :D

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news and good news - I will not be immediately trading in the Smart next week because the deal fell through. Dishonest used car salesman, who knew!? While I will leave the car perpetually for sale, I'm not in emergency sale mode. I will continue to enjoy and maintain this until someone decides they'd like to adopt it. If they don't, well shucks, I'll just have to store it and enjoy it again in the Spring.

It sounds like a real Beauty!
I wish you the best of luck in finding a good new home for it.
By the way: does Keeler still service Smarts?
Thank you very much! Indeed; Keeler does still service Smarts, and does still actively take them on trades, but is winding down their interest for sure - fewer all the time, and often stints with none. Sadly, John Sterrett (spelling?) the award-winning brand manager and his crew had left, so loyalty to the dealership dropped as well. Many Upstate NY'ers sold their Smart to move on; but not I! I remain loyal to my little original. They said they will support all warranty work, will continue stocking parts, and continue service for the foreseeable future, so that's a huge relief to me.

Heh, haven't seen my old screen name used out there in a minute. :)

I can attest to that claim! Skippy likes his smarts clean and instead of aftermarket parts he loves factory options. Hope my 2012's wheels are doing well! :D
Hey there Miss Mercedes! Wow, Neon, that totally shows how old I'm getting. Those 2012 wheels (and your original tires) are still on my 2008. Love the look of those and wouldn't trade them for anything other than my originals (with worn tires, still in our basement). I purchased a near-new set of Smart steel wheels, center caps and wheel covers should disaster(s) ever strike. Who knows where we'll find any of those 3-lug wheels in 10, 20, 50 years.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skippy,
Thanks for the info on Keeler. If something ugly happens: at least I know who to try first! :D
I've always been super happy with Keeler Motor car. I also came super close to trading this Smart in on an older certified C350 4-Matic (they manage to find some real unicorn cars out in the world, especially for Central NY cars) but my heart said no at the time. I should have, as my winter beater truck has taken too much of a beating, and today, it now stopped heating. Sigh.

What year is your Dad's Monte? Any pics? I had a '73..
All I can say is WOW. Very nice! Everyone in the family had classics, and one by one, had to let go of them. The last one in the family is a Camaro RS. My Dad had a Cutlass Supreme back in the 70's and drag raced it. Wasn't wrecked on the track; instead hit by a drunk driver. Ugh.

His, Our, Monte Carlo is a 2002 Intimidator; worth way more to us than the casual car market could care. I grew up with 90's Nascar; what a cool height in the sport. We always said we'd have that '02 Earnhardt Monte when we first laid eyes on it after the sport went on the downhill - and I'm glad we got that chance together. Cars are special in my family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts