Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Smart Car this past Saturday. What type of oil does it take? I asked the salesman and all he said was it depends on what season it is. Also is 91 Octane recommended? Thank you. Walter in Rockville, MD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Walter and congrats on the new whip.

I don't know the answers to your questions, because I have an 08 and I am not sure if things are the same in each of our cars. I will say that since you have a newer car you probably have an owners manual etc., so that's where you should look. I always read through the books front to back in any car I have owned. Lots of great info.

Besides the congrats and tiny bit of info on manuals that I provided I wanted to reply, because I use to live in Rockville and my name is even close to yours. Wal(k)er. Just thought that was funny. The next time I'm heading to Rockville to see family I'll shoot you a line. I would like to see our two cars side by side to see first hand the improvements in yours, if that's alright and you have the time.

Congrats again.

I purchased a Smart Car this past Saturday. What type of oil does it take? I asked the salesman and all he said was it depends on what season it is. Also is 91 Octane recommended? Thank you. Walter in Rockville, MD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts