Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This YouTube is really video long. Olivier Francois, presents Fiat lastest City EV concept. Connectivity with Apple. Love the plug and play dashboard. This car is beyond just interchangeable exterior panels. Full customizable interior, accessories, plug in sunroofs, roof racks, optional seating configuration. You can even print your accessories, off a 3-D printer. At home.

https://youtu.be/MC1hDLgOubA

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Honda Element doors were like that too. Wonder if there was any crash issues, with that vehicle.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I dunno.... him talking about all the customization options for it... just reminds me of the Dodge Dart. Dealerships complaining about an overly complicated ordering process making the idea of doing so difficult for both the consumer and the dealership. Having cars on the lot that might not meet ANYONE'S desires, thus sitting there for ages collecting dust. There's a reason that only the very first model year of the new Dart had 2 different engine options, with 3 different transmissions, something like 12-15 different colors, 2 or 3 different multimedia systems, some packages with keyless enter and go and others without the option, etc...

Too many options creates too much complexity.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What really nice about this Fiat EV concept. Your can buy, or rent modular battery packs. At your convinced, of needed driving range.
The basic battery module arrangement, would allow this vehicle to be cheaper to purchase. Then any other EV, out there. If your planning a vacation, long road trip. Beyond a urban car range. Just rent extended, modular batteries. Easily installed, or removed at the dealership. Plug and play. I wonder why, no other car manufacturer has thought of this option. Maximum vehicle driving range, with full battery modulars. 500km-310miles.

This Fiat concept, is just a little bit larger, then a smart forfour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts